2 months old today and birth control chit chat

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By Gen88
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By 4hearts
  • 2 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By hilachu
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe my baby girl is 2 months old today, wow at how time flies. She's getting so big. Smiles so much and loves to "talk" to mommy breast feeding is going amazing, shes finally settled in to eating every 3 hours, I'm so proud I've been breast feeding for 2 months straight woot woot! btw I finally got my IUD put in this past Wednesday, the little sucker didnt wanna go in the first time lol, Dr had to take it out and put a new one back in. I've been bleeding ever since, which is weird since last time I got it after having DS I didn't bleed afterwards. Or it may be my period which totally sucks and it better not be cuz I heard u shouldn't get your pd for at least 6 months if you're nursing.. Oh well. What kind of birth control did you ladies get? And if u have the iUD, did u have any bleeding?

BIG GIRL!!
4hearts, eshute and MamaSkunk like this.

Last edited by Gen88; July 27th, 2013 at 07:56 PM.
July 27th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH and I decided we're going to use condoms until I stop BFing, although right now it's abstinence because I swear that kid has a sixth sense about when we're even thinking about it LOL The other day we finally decided to actually go out and buy the condoms, just to have on hand just in case, and OMG we never knew there were so many choices! We always used to get them from Planned Parenthood or the campus health center when we used them, before I went on the pill. It's a little overwhelming actually having to buy them.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
July 27th, 2013, 09:29 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is adorable!

I got my tubes tied before I left the hospital so I'm glad I don't have anything to remember when things get going because my children also have a sixth sense, making our time very limited.
Gen88 likes this.

July 27th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha that's too funny. DH and I DTD once about 2 weeks ago. We used a condom which I had gotten from the home visit nurse. We wouldn't even know what to look for in the store since we haven't bought condoms in over 6 years lol

July 28th, 2013, 12:02 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I'm getting the paraguard. She is beautiful!
Gen88 likes this.

July 28th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH is going for the snip. I am also on the mini pill (which is also supposed to help my bleeding as I am more than 7 weeks pp and still bleeding a good amount - pads not panty liner amount). Ellianna never sleeps - so she also adds abstinence to the mix of bc.
overlinmommy17 likes this.

July 28th, 2013, 06:09 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post
DH is going for the snip. I am also on the mini pill (which is also supposed to help my bleeding as I am more than 7 weeks pp and still bleeding a good amount - pads not panty liner amount). Ellianna never sleeps - so she also adds abstinence to the mix of bc.
This is exactly what we are doing. I'm on the same and DH is going next month. I am still spotting/ lightly bleeding

July 28th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Rochelle
Natural family planning here. I love how you did your pictures and Ariana is so cute.
Gen88 likes this.
July 28th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
She's a cutie! I had my tubes tied during my c-section. It will be nice not to have to worry about going and buying condoms again. We've only used condoms since we started having sex 15 years ago

July 28th, 2013, 07:48 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post
DH is going for the snip. I am also on the mini pill
Same here. I think I'm finally ready to try DTD. I tore and it took a long time to heal. I can still feel it's not quite right, but I think it's good enough to try.

I laughed reading everyone talking about how buying condoms was overwhelming. I had the same issue buying lube yesterday. Holy crap the options!
Gen88 and Kim3 like this.

July 28th, 2013, 08:47 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a cutie!!

SO and I are using condoms until I finish my first pack of birth control pills and possibly even after that depending on how we're feeling. I think the birth control pills are making me crazy. I'm more irritated and frustrated and have had a serious decline in my sex drive since I started back on them. So we'll see. I knew exactly which condoms I wanted SO to get, but yeah, the selection can be overwhelming if you haven't used them in a while. I also only know for sure which ones I want because I have a slight latex sensitivity so we get the non-latex ones and there's not too many of those.

As for DTD, we started back up the day of my 6 week PP visit after getting the okay. We're back to DTD every two or three days so far. Some days I think Anna has a sixth sense and other days she's just fine. Honestly, though, with the decline in my sex drive and how irritated I've been with my SO..I couldn't care less about DTD in the last week. I've still been giving in just to make him stop trying to get it! Lol.

July 28th, 2013, 09:37 AM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
picked up the "seasonal bc pill - where you get your period every 3 months
DH will get snipped eventually

also jealous of the belly time - baby girl thinks belly time is try to crawl but not lift her head
Gen88 likes this.

July 28th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
I'm getting the paraguard. She is beautiful!
Yup, that's the one I have let me know when u get it and how it goes for you.

July 28th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had an IUD (Mirena) after DD was born and I hated it. Six straight months of spotting and then it fell out before I'd even finished paying for it. Hormonal birth control (the pill) turns me into a crazy woman. Can't handle it. And we both hate condoms. We're very happy with the little family we have so DH is getting snipped. We're just using the "pull & pray" method until then. It's always worked for us in the past.

Thankfully our kids are great sleepers, so we've been able to get back to our routine of DTD 3-4 times per week...woo!
Gen88 likes this.

July 29th, 2013, 04:48 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I'll get the Mirena IUD eventually, I had it after having Connor and loved it! Had zero problems and zero periods the entire time! It was awesome!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search