Monday check in

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2013, 07:49 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
It's that time for our weekly check in!

So tell us how you are doing?
How is baby doing?
Is your baby smiling yet?

July 29th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing pretty good..
Aidan is delightful. He's sleeping better at night and is such a happy little guy about 85% of the time. He has his two month check up on Wednesday and I can't wait to see how much he weighs now; I'm guessing about 15lbs.
He is not generous with his smiles most of the time but he does give them. He is such a little cutie when he lets out those big toothless grins.

#1, 4, 5, 7
July 29th, 2013, 08:00 AM
MummyTo2Plus5's Avatar Loving my baby boy
we are all doing great, Ava is 3 weeks old today!!

we have had a few smiles!

Very proud mummy to 2 earthly and 5 heavenly babies

July 29th, 2013, 09:00 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anna is doing great. I think she's getting ready to hit a milestone because her sleep has changed in the last few days and not for the better. She's more generous with smiles first thing in the morning for some reason. As the day goes on she gets stingy with them.

July 29th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
We are here. Doing great! Only gets up once a night now! Yay! Thanks to the swaddleme blanket. Leif smiles a lot! Love it!!
July 29th, 2013, 10:58 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here
I'm doing much better on no sleep than on several hours pf sleep. One night trey slept 5hrs straight and man was I downing an entire pot of coffee that day.
Trey is showing personality and smiles as well as laughs in his baby way. He's 7 weeks today.

July 29th, 2013, 10:59 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm doing well. Henry is definitely growing. He is still a sweet little guy that prefers cuddles. His sleep is still all over the place, but I can guarantee that he'll have a hard time sleeping from 3-5 am. He did start smiling last week. I can get a few in the mid morning but he won't smile for DH or in the evening
July 29th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Rochelle
So tell us how you are doing?
I'm doing ok. I've had an interesting past couple of weeks and always felt worried about one thing or another. I'm finally feeling not so stressed but NOW I'm starting to worry about getting this house in shape in time for a bday party for my middle kids (DS and DD2 turning 6 and 3).
My family is traveling up from South/central FL 5-8hrs (one way) between all of them so it puts the pressure on to make sure things go real smoothly. It's also the event where they all meet Emmaline for the first time. She'll be 7 weeks old by then.

How is baby doing?
She's doing great. Has a lot of acne though which sucks bc I keep trying to take a birth announcement photo. Guess she has sensitive skin. I've been CDing her most days and a sposie or two at night. But on busier days I use sposies all day. She's already outgrown her newborn PFs and covers. I used the package scale we have to weigh her a couple days ago and at one month old she is already 10.3 lbs up 2 whole lbs since birth so that's good. I think she's going to be bigger than her sisters who take after skinny DH. Emmaline seems to look mostly like me. I know that could change though.

Is your baby smiling yet?
Only twice did I see her smile at me other than in her sleep. She smiles a lot in her sleep.
July 29th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Super Mommy
I'm here, and doing wonderfully! I didn't think parenting three kids was going to be an easy transition for me, and while it's not easy, it's not the nightmare I thought it might be.

Sam loves to be held while he's awake, and will usually only sit in his rock n play or bouncer for a few minutes at a time, I suppose that's okay with me! As long as he's held he's a happy boy. He usually takes one short nap in the morning, for a half hour or so, and then a long one, usually 3-4 hours mid day and is awake until 9-10. He wakes at 1am, 4am and 7am, usually right on the dot, to eat. We can skip the 1am feed though, if I wake him to eat before I go to bed, usually around 11pm or midnight. Sometimes his naptimes vary. Like yesterday and the day before he slept a lot, and today he's been awake all day and still doesn't want to go down for a nap and it's almost 2:30!

He does smile occasionally, but usually he's very observant of everything around him and prefers to just watch.
July 29th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm here and doing really well, amazing what sleeping in an actual bed will do for your disposition!

Arthur is doing really well. He's not has fussy anymore, and has started smiling and cooing a lot. I skyped with my parents and grandma so she could see the baby, and he was full of smiles and coos for his great-grandma He's sleeping really well at night. When we put him in his crib at 11:30/12 for the night, he won't wake up again until 5 or 6!! It's amazing!! Of course leading up to that point, he cluster feeds like crazy, but it's worth it to sleep 5 hours in a row.

I guess I already said this above, but he loves to smile. Lately I've been lying him under his play gym and he'll smile and make faces at himself in his mirror.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
July 29th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am doing ok. Dealing with the prolapsed uterus and still bleeding stinks. Having Ellianna makes it worth it : p

Elli is pretty good. Reflux stinks but the smiles make it worth everything. I just want to cry though thinking of her discomfort. She sleeps on me at night. Last night eh offered to take her at 9 for me to get a couple hours in bed. When I went to our room, I missed her.

Getting real smiles now.

July 29th, 2013, 09:46 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing great. My PP bleeding stopped and nothing hurts down there. I am adjusting to being a mom of two.
Tristan is great. He is an easy going little guy that is quite a mover. DH calls him Boogie cause he's always kicking and moving and when we hold him he is trying to jump constantly. And the other day he belly crawled about 2 feet before getting tired. He has developed a bad case of baby acne across his cheeks though in clusters.

He smiles a lot in his sleep but rarely at me when he's awake but he thinks his daddy is hilarious and is always smiling at him. He does also make a lot of funny faces at DH lol.

July 30th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing pretty good however I could use sleep...8 weeks without a full nights sleep or more than 3-4 hours at a time takes a toll on a mama!
Babies are great. They are getting so big about 9-10 lbs. they are not sick anymore which is great...my MIL brought her nasty germs over and the babies & myself got sick
Both babies are smiling. Cobra smiled 1st a couple weeks ago & Cameron started last week. They mostly smile at daddy which is lame bc I give them everything!!

July 30th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
So tell us how you are doing? I am doing well
How is baby doing? He is doing good. Has a fussy day here and there but overall he's a good baby.
Is your baby smiling yet? He has smiled a couple times at me but does it the most in his sleep

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search