worried about returning.to.work and daycare

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kim3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2013, 12:40 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
I have 4 more weeks then I have to be back to work. I worry about taking Jackson to daycare. I hate I have to leave him for.so long. Also worry that she will be able to handle it. He needs constant attention and she has other kids too.
July 30th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm worried too. My babysitter has a 4 year old and then my co-worker will be sending her 7 mo old sometimes. I know how needy my two are and I have boobs to calm them down when things get out of control. I have no idea how shes going to do it.
July 30th, 2013, 03:12 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kids will do things for your daycare provider that you will never, ever be able to replicate at home. they will eat hamburgers for them and take naps every day for them etc. I don't know why, they just do.

Bourne was fussy and difficult. Muriel had 4 other kids at the time - all spaced about 6 months to 1 year apart. She took excellent care of B - I swear he was never put down. Did BCBA therapy with the oldest kiddo and did pre-school curriculum with the other kiddo and had a very, very difficult girl about 6 months older than Bourne. Most child care providers have a gift of taking care of children and they make it work.
July 30th, 2013, 03:28 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I agree with Kat. You might be surprised at how well he'll do. At my girls' old daycare there was a very needy infant. The teacher in that class was always cooing over that baby. She never lost her patience and had all the other babies fed and happy at the same time.
July 30th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just want to say that the first month will stink for you. Been there. I nearly quit with my first. you do get into a routine though. After the first month it gets much better.

July 30th, 2013, 05:48 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I briefly thought about going back to work in a few months to help DH with bills and such and I couldn't/can't do it. DD is almost 3 and the has only been away from me like 5 times. And those times she was either with my DH or my mom. The longest I was away from her was like 4 hours before then when i was in the hospital after having tristan that was torture for me I missed her so bad and I came home the next day. So I have no advice. I still can't stand being away from Jade lol

July 31st, 2013, 05:00 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
I go back to work tomorrow. Ugh!

My 2nd was a preemie and I worried too but both the in home daycare she first went to and then a facility daycare were amazing. She slept for them all day and would never do that for me. Baby will do just fine. Its us mommies that are taking it so hard.

~Kristin~
July 31st, 2013, 05:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kristin is so right. (Sorry about the short post last night - doing it while Ellianna was sleeping on me). There are pros and cons to staying at home and going back to work. staying at home gives you 100% of time with your baby - it can also be isolating. Going back to work is extremely hectic - but it can give you a release. I will not sugar coat it. You will most likely cry several times the first day. Then several times a week. Then not at all, until all at once you cry again on day. The point though is that most days will be fine or even better. In addition, your LO will get lots of time with other kids which is great developmentally. The hardest part for us is that since DH and I both work, we chose to spend almost every waking moment with our kids. This means we go out to dinner ourselves about 2-3 times a year. Some people disagree about us not having spouse time - I just say that we have made it work for 14+ years - so it works for us.
princess136 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search