gassy baby-advice needed

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By SassySami
  • 1 Post By Karen78

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2013, 05:48 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My little girl has been gassy since the day she was born. These last few days have been really bad. The past three nights she wont let me lay her down and even if I am holding her she wakes up in under an hour. The days are rough but not nearly as bad as the nights. Sometimes it is so hard to get her to sleep (she will stay awake for 6 + hours) because she is in pain. I have tried holding her knees to her chest, warm baths with washcloth on the belly (which helps for about 10 minutes), she doesn't sleep laying flat. I am not sure what else to try. Anyone have any ideas of things to try? Oh i guess I should add she is breastfed only.
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
July 31st, 2013, 05:59 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
I would get her gas drops. But then look at your diet, eliminating dairy would probably help. Good luck mama
Steph625 and sunnydaze like this.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

July 31st, 2013, 08:11 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes So sorry your lo is having so much trouble! I don't have any advice, but just wanted to say I hope you find a solution soon! *hugs*

July 31st, 2013, 08:21 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Try cutting dairy out of your diet. Give it a couple weeks. If that doesn't help, then also cut out wheat.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
July 31st, 2013, 08:26 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Have you asked her pediatrician? Sorry you're having this problem. I know Leif was pretty gassy and gas drops helped him. Hope the best momma!
July 31st, 2013, 09:03 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gas drops and gripe water help us immensely. Without them, Lena screams pretty much nonstop. They don't eliminate the problem, but they help a lot.

July 31st, 2013, 12:53 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Have you tried the "I love you" massage? I haven't needed it, but I know people that swear by it.
This link says anti-colic, but I've always just heard it's for gas or constipation. Plus the view isn't too good on this first one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrLPD20P80c

Here's one that's longer and better view.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RaMv4smzO4
mommyandwife08 likes this.

July 31st, 2013, 02:42 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're dealing with the exact same thing. I'm suspecting a dairy intolerance, especially since her poop has recently turned mucousy and slightly green...both signs of dairy intolerance. If you decide to eliminate things from your diet, make sure you do so for at least 3 weeks, as it can take that long to get out of your system and then out of baby's system. You should see improvement sooner though. Good luck.

August 1st, 2013, 02:49 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gas drops seriously save my life sometimes with Gray. He screams from gas but they really help. Also when he is having gas, I will lay him on his tummy for a little bit. I think the pressure helps it feel better until he can pass it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search