Baby Carrier Recommendations

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By edgeofelise
  • 1 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 1 Post By LisaS

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2013, 06:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ellianna is happy only when carried and she is getting to be a little chunkey monkey ( 11 1/2 pounds). I have the baby bjorn from my first son (so it is almost 11 years old now). I also have the Maya wrap. My second son loved it. Ellianna hates it as she wants to be upright and looking everywhere. Thought some ladies here could recommend their favorite carrier. With this being my third baby (and with a large time gap) I never researched them and really don't know what is out there.

July 31st, 2013, 08:10 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I love my Mya wrap. I can put my 2yr old in it. I also have a mei tei I really like. I just have to make sure Jocelyn's legs are in a seated position.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
July 31st, 2013, 09:06 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The Baby K'Tan is working great for us. It is comfortable for me and Lena loves it, too. She sits in the position facing me upright with her legs out. It is great. But in a few months when she gets to the point that she is so big the fabric makes me nervous, I may end up switching to a Mei Tei. We'll see. For now, the K'tan is awesome.

July 31st, 2013, 09:11 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use the Ergo carrier and really love it.
July 31st, 2013, 09:21 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A ring sling is super awesome and you can use different positions with her as she grows. Also a woven wrap is great for baby wearing. With a wrap you can baby wear for longer than most buckle carriers and you can front carry or back carry or side carry all depending how you wrap it.

July 31st, 2013, 09:25 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I have an ergo, a boba, and a mei tai and I like them all. I want a woven eventually. I just need to save the funds.

July 31st, 2013, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I really like the ergo my sister has a baby hawk that is really nice. I also want a tula
July 31st, 2013, 02:18 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an older beco butterfly and a Moby. It is like an ergo. I like it bc it feels secure. It has a piece that sits against your body so baby is secured in there. I like that bc I watched a you tube video about how much easier it is when we start back carry, but, I do not see how I could nurse in it. I want a boba or ergo but I can't see spending the money when my beco is very similar.

Lyndsey- any preference between the boba and ergo?

Oh and I like the moby, but it seems so hot and I am always worrying that she can't breathe. After about a half hour it seems so droopy. Maybe I am not tying it tight enough?

July 31st, 2013, 02:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love my Moby. We where him in it everywhere. We live in Florida and it's insanely hot, but he doesn't seem to get too hot in it. We've taken him on walks in the evening, and he just snuggles down and falls asleep in it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
July 31st, 2013, 04:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Isn't the Maya wrap a ring sling? You can totally wear her upright in it.
July 31st, 2013, 04:31 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy220 View Post
I have an older beco butterfly and a Moby. It is like an ergo. I like it bc it feels secure. It has a piece that sits against your body so baby is secured in there. I like that bc I watched a you tube video about how much easier it is when we start back carry, but, I do not see how I could nurse in it. I want a boba or ergo but I can't see spending the money when my beco is very similar.

Lyndsey- any preference between the boba and ergo?

Oh and I like the moby, but it seems so hot and I am always worrying that she can't breathe. After about a half hour it seems so droopy. Maybe I am not tying it tight enough?
I prefer the boba, it fits me better but my husband prefers the ergo.

July 31st, 2013, 04:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
Isn't the Maya wrap a ring sling? You can totally wear her upright in it.
The Maya is a ring sling. I had he laying down in the sling. I recall having DS "sit" in it - but he was about 9 months or so. I guess I need to look online how to work it - there is no way that I will actually find the instruction manual from 8 years ago

July 31st, 2013, 05:41 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I have both a moby and a Mai tie. I love the Mai tie best! I would love a ergo but they are so pricey.

July 31st, 2013, 09:15 PM
edgeofelise's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can totally wear a little baby upright in a ring sling. I do it with Henry all the time. Just put her tummy to tummy and make sure the fabric on the bottom rail is all the way under her knees (knees should be bent and higher than her bum) with her feet sticking out the bottom, then pull up the fabric high enough to support her head and tighten the top rail so she's nice and secure. Make sure she's high enough that you can kiss her head so you don't kill your back.

We have a moby and an ergo as well. I prefer the ergo for longer outings but I can't wear it yet because it irritates my incision. The moby is Henry's favorite and he instantly falls asleep, but it is way too hot. I get really excited on cloudy days because I can use it, lol. You do have to make sure you tie it pretty high and tight because of the stretch, otherwise it gets droopy. My SIL came over yesterday wearing my nephew in a woven/stretch hybrid Gypsy Wrap. It looked amazing and I totally want one. It's similar to the moby but it's a lot thinner and has less stretch so it's sturdy and not so hot. I've never tried a woven wrap but I'm dying to get one.
LisaS and MamaSkunk like this.

Eliza Rose, born 6/9/10
...and getting a little brother for her birthday! Baby Henry Wilder, due 6/7/13

Last edited by edgeofelise; July 31st, 2013 at 09:23 PM.
July 31st, 2013, 09:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
All this talk of different wraps and slings makes me wan to go out and buy more and different types so I can have options lol Baby wearing is addicting.
MamaSkunk likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
August 2nd, 2013, 04:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You can also look up YouTube videos for how to properly use a ring sling with an infant. I wear Mirabelle tummy to tummy in a ring sling for quick trips, and have even figured out how to nurse her in it by just loosening up the sling to lower her face down to my boob and using the tail to cover up. The receptionists at my OB's office thought it was amazing.
edgeofelise likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search