Sleep deprivation & stupid acts

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 1 Post By loveneverfails
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By mommy220

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2013, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So what are some stupid things people have done that they blame on sleep deprivation. Here goes for me:

1) Started to pump at work (while reading on the computer). Ugghh - forgot to attach the bottle to the breat cup. All the milk starting flowing onto my pants.

There are lots more - but that took the cake.

August 1st, 2013, 11:39 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Oh no!!

I went to make dinner in the crockpot the other day. I wanted to start caramelizing the onion and garlic before adding the rest. After 30 minutes I went to check and it wasn't doing anything. I forgot to plug it in. Duh.
Kim3 likes this.
August 1st, 2013, 01:52 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCrafty View Post
Oh no!!

I went to make dinner in the crockpot the other day. I wanted to start caramelizing the onion and garlic before adding the rest. After 30 minutes I went to check and it wasn't doing anything. I forgot to plug it in. Duh.
I did that several times while I was pregnant. Thankfully I'm not sleep deprived so I haven't done anything too stupid. Every once in a while I'll walk into a room and completely forget what I was doing. But my baby-brain during pregnancy was soooooooo bad, much worse than now.
Kim3 likes this.

August 1st, 2013, 02:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post
So what are some stupid things people have done that they blame on sleep deprivation. Here goes for me:

1) Started to pump at work (while reading on the computer). Ugghh - forgot to attach the bottle to the breat cup. All the milk starting flowing onto my pants.

I did this...while walking around the house...I couldn't figure out why it was leaking until DH said "umm you don't have a bottle attached"
Kim3 likes this.
August 1st, 2013, 02:44 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went grocery shopping a week after we brought Grayson home. I was so tired I forgot the bags in the back. It was filled with meat and other fridge stuff. I got in the car like a week later and was like... "OMG what is that HORRIBLE smell?" I thought something had died in the car. I found the bags and seriously cried.. and gagged.. all the way to the dumpster lol. Like 60 bucks of meat, milk, cheese, etc just wasted.
Kim3 likes this.

August 1st, 2013, 03:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.June2013 View Post
I went grocery shopping a week after we brought Grayson home. I was so tired I forgot the bags in the back. It was filled with meat and other fridge stuff. I got in the car like a week later and was like... "OMG what is that HORRIBLE smell?" I thought something had died in the car. I found the bags and seriously cried.. and gagged.. all the way to the dumpster lol. Like 60 bucks of meat, milk, cheese, etc just wasted.
Oh no. I think I would have cried.

August 2nd, 2013, 11:19 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dropped phone on concrete and cracked screen, ran into doors leaving shoulder/back all bruised, jammed toe in pool, spilled an entire jug (hospital one they gave me during stay) all over floor and spilled a few drops of BM trying to get a nipple on bottle so mil could feed while i ran errands for son's bday party----ALL IN ONE DAY

August 2nd, 2013, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have tried to put food away in the garbage and the pantry instead of the fridge. Thank goodness DH has been home and observant and speaks up when he sees me heading that way with perfectly good refridgerated food. I've also missed turns while driving and having to go the LONG way to get anywhere.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
August 3rd, 2013, 12:24 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was in my bedroom changing Eva on her pack and play changing pad. It is very deep with sides and she was content after I wiped so I got distracted and started picking up my room. I looked at her to find pee just shooting out of her. I had forgot to put a diaper on her and I had just left her naked. Pee got everywhere and almost dropped down to her bed area beneath the changing pad.
Kim3 likes this.

August 3rd, 2013, 01:45 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today I did 2 very stupid sleep deprived moments.
Situation 1. I did my morning pump and took the bottle off the pump and went to set it down and did not pay attention to where I was setting it and went to set it down on the table about....2 inches away from the actual table and spilled 4 ounces all over the floor. Sigh! Definitely cried over that one.

Situation 2. Went to go hiking this am and get some use out of my new double stroller and I was having trouble getting DDs shoes on as I thought she wasn't cooperating with me and I jammed her sandals on before realizing I had put them on the wrong feet and DD was just sitting there calmly and quietly letting me put her shoes on wrong and looking at me like what the heck mom

August 6th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Veteran
Both DH and I had some sleep deprived acts.

DH had changed the sheets on our bed and I had washed them. When I folded them I asked him what happened to the bottom sheet, he said he noticed it was missing too but thought I grabbed it. After searching high and low I realized it could only be in 3 places; dirty hamper, laundry room, or our bed. Found it still on our bed under the new clean bottom sheet haha.

However, mine was much worse....

While I was giving my older son a bath the smoke alarm went off. Walked into the kitchen to find a pan on fire...I was boiling some new binkies I had just bought to sanitize them and completely forgot about them and all the water evaporated and caught fire. Needless to say I'm lucky the house didn't burn down and I needed to buy new binkies and a new pan.

Thankfully the baby will now sleep in his crib as long as he is swaddled rather than our arms and we are starting to get caught up on sleep!

August 6th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post

At work?!?! If it happened at home, no problem, but did you have to spend the rest of the day in those clothes?
August 6th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A couple weeks ago, we went away for a few nights. I got up when Eli started fussing during the night, made him a bottle, sat it on the table and woke up hours later in the bed. I don't remember getting back in bed instead of feeding Eli...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search