Baby doesn't want to be held..??

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By loveneverfails
  • 1 Post By MrsLat
  • 2 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By zkat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2013, 01:52 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
THe last two days Anna has been confusing me. I thought maybe she got over tired yesterday, but today she has slept a normal amount and is still screaming like she's never screamed before. I held her for three hours while she slept to make sure she got a good nap. She woke up happy, ate a few ounces and started screaming. I can't figure it out. She's never done this. I thought maybe her reflux got worse, but she actually stops crying when we put her down on her back. Right now she's just laying next to me on the bed while I type this, calm as can be. She did this yesterday too. This is very strange to me - why doesn't she want to be held? And why in the world is she screaming all of a sudden? I've checked her temp rectally and it's normal. She's not hurt anywhere. We're feeding her as much as her little belly can possibly handle. I just don't understand.

Any ideas/advice would be great!

August 1st, 2013, 02:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no advice as sometimes Corbin does this to me. We just lay him on his playmat. He doesn't want to be left alone though so someone has to stay nearby but he just wants to lay there.
eshute likes this.
August 1st, 2013, 02:38 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sure it is just a stage. Grayson is going through it also. He wants to lay on a blanket on the ground so he can stretch his legs and kick and look around

You could try some gas drops if she seems uncomfortable. But if she is happy, she probably just wants to chill.
eshute likes this.

August 1st, 2013, 03:41 PM
Glad to know it's not just us. It's just weird that all of a sudden she prefers to be put down. She seems perfectly happy for a little while as long as we're talking to her, so i guess I won't worry. Thanks ladies!

August 1st, 2013, 04:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would say take the little break and let her lay next to you. Ellianna insists on being held 100% of the time. I just have to put her down sometimes (like to go to the bathroom or switch the wash from washer to dryer). She screams at the top of her lungs and turn dark red. If you can place LO down on the bed while folding laundry, etc., it is OK to do so. She is still very much attached to mama - she is just taking an opportunity to explore the world in her way. Worry not - you are still the center (and ends) of her universe
4hearts and eshute like this.

August 1st, 2013, 05:48 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I have a couple kids that were that way. Slept alone, didn't want to be held, entertained themselves. It's just their personality. They are still very independent.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
August 1st, 2013, 07:36 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Emerson is like that as well
She'd rather sit in the bouncy chair or lay flat on the ground/playmat then have me hold her
hurts a little but it gives me a break

August 2nd, 2013, 06:02 AM
Wow. All of my experience with babies has been that they'd rather be held than not. She is still doing this today. Not every time we hold her, but when she's not hungry or sleepy, she starts getting fussy and eventually just starts yelling. We put her down on the bed with us or sit her up in the boppy and she's great. smiles, coos, etc. It makes me a little sad, but it's great that she's happy doing that.

Thanks for all the input!

August 2nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She is learning there is a whole big world outside of mom's arms! You might see if she enjoys her playmate and/or tummy time now. She may also be trying to learn to roll - cant do that in Mom's arms
eshute likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search