Going back to work...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2013, 02:41 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It finally hit me today that I actually have to go back to work. It will be another two and a half weeks before I do, but I had to start getting my schedule together today and emailing clients to check the hours with them. I am only going back 3 days a week (I have only worked 3 days a week for most of the time since Anna was born), but they are going to be 3 long days. They were shorter days before, not starting before 10 and one of the days was only 6 hours long. Now, it will be 9-6 two days and 10-6 on the other. On top of that, I am going to have to get the girls up and ready to go by myself then get Lena to her babysitter's and Anna to her preschool, which are not close to each other. DH has to go to work early in the morning so that he can pick them up in the afternoon since I work so late.

I know I am so blessed to have been able to take the whole summer off and to only have to go back 3 days, but I remember how hard it was when Anna was a baby, going from being with her every day to barely seeing her for three days every week. Now it will be multiplied by two.

Any advice from those of you who have already gone back? I love my job, but I am dreading going back to work so much...

August 5th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Had 12 weeks off with my first 2, and a month this time I am working 6 hours a day now and going FT in September. Only advice is just do it. Nothing really makes it good. It is a hard decision to be a SAHM or one working outside the home. There is pluses and minuses to each. My employment provides my kids with lots of benefits though. Also since I spent time at work, they get me 100% when I am home. (DH misses out on wife time though.)

August 5th, 2013, 03:07 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having a tough time coping with the idea of going back to work as well. I've started applying for jobs and I'm dreading it! I like being a nurse and all, but I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with leaving Anna when I've been with her every day, all day since she was born. I NEED to work though. We need the money right now. Maybe some day I can be a SAHM, but it's just not in the cards right now. Just wanted to say I feel your dread! I've been wanting to ask for advice about going back to work as well, just didn't get around to it yet. Glad you asked!

August 5th, 2013, 03:21 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hear you on the pluses and minuses of both choices. My biggest reason for working is that there are a lot more things that our kids can and will be able to do because of the money I make. DH can cover the basic bills, but for anything extra at all, we really need my income. Anna would be going to preschool regardless bc she needs the social interaction, but she would only go half day and I would be home with Lena. My biggest concern is possibly missing a big first with Lena. God is so good and I was still there for all of Anna's firsts, but there was a time I was only working a few hours a week with her and that helped since I was around more. I am just going to be praying that God doesn't let me miss out on anything this time either.

August 5th, 2013, 07:22 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a much easier time going back to work than I thought. I dreaded it for the 2 weeks beforehand, but once I got to work I was okay. I think my saving grace is that Morgan stays with my MIL as opposed to a babysitter or daycare center. Things would have been much harder if I was leaving her with a stranger.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search