Where and how does your baby sleep?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just sat the last hour on the floor with my hand on Ellianna's back as I let he nap on her belly (I am watching her breathe). It is the only way she will sleep other than my chest. Our nighttime routine is me in a chair with her on my chest. What about everyone else

August 5th, 2013, 04:09 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anna sleeps in her bassinet in our room at night. During the day...well...lets see..she sleeps on me (the only way to get her to sleep more than 30 minutes at a time), in her bassinet if I feel like getting something done, and I've let her sleep on the bed when she falls asleep there after I've swaddled her and really need a break. I stay with her, though, when she falls asleep on the bed because I'm worried she'll roll over and suffocate.

August 5th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At night Finn sleeps in his crib in the room next to ours. His crib is against the wall that the head of our bed is right on the other side of, so on the rare occasion that he does wake during the night, I can hear him at the first fuss. That way he doesn't get too worked up and I can get him back to sleep easily. He sleeps swaddled, on his back.

During the day he naps mostly in his swing, or in the crib. If I need rest, I'll feed him laying down on my side in my bed and we'll both take a nap like that.

August 5th, 2013, 06:19 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I put Morgan to sleep at night swaddled on her back in her crib. Typically she'll sleep til 3 or 4. DH gets up for work around 4, so I usually bring her up to bed and we can get an hour or 2 more sleep before I have to get ready for work. During the day she's with Grandma, so she sleeps in her Pack N Play.

morgankaedenmadisonsmommy's Avatar Beyond Blessed
Gracelyn sleeps right beside me in our bed.

Mega Super Mommy
At night in her cradle next to our bed, swaddled up.

During the day...

on my chest, in my lap, in my arms, and for short amounts of time on the couch beside me

August 5th, 2013, 06:35 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At night - between DH and me in the bed or on my chest if his reflux is bad. During the day either the swing, car, our arms or Muriel's (day home provider) arms.
August 5th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
During the day, she sleeps wrapped up against me while I take the other kids out to play. For naptime and in the early evening, she nurses while lying next to me on the couch and will stay asleep if I get up. At night, she sleeps right next to me in bed.
August 5th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
During the day he either sleeps on me, in his swing or in his pack n play. At night he sleeps in his bassinet next to my side of the bed.

August 5th, 2013, 08:15 PM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
He won't sleep in his crib, he always wakes up. During three day he falls asleep on me. Sometimes he will stay asleep in transition to his bouncy. The place he sleeps best is his carseat. I'm embarrassed that I'm such a failure I can't get him to sleep in his crib. At night , in his carseat he sleeps about 6 straight hours... A couple times he's slept 8

August 5th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
During the day I can get him to sleep 30 min to 2 hours on his tummy in his crib, and those are good days when he naps. At night he sleeps on his tummy in his crib, and he'll sleep 3-6 hours at a time. He won't sleep on his back at all. He's a tummy guy.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
August 5th, 2013, 11:56 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Porter has been mostly sleeping in the bed with me. Snuggled up to me. At night for sure and during the day for a nap or two. Or in my arms on the couch for a nap if I'm watching tv. He'll sleep pretty good in the moby or the Mei tai or the carseat/stroller if we're out and about or in the carseat in the car usually. Recently I've gotten him to nap in the swing here and there, but it's hit or miss for how long he'll actually nap in it.

Currently at this moment he's swaddled (i finally got the swaddle me on correctly after watching my sister in law put it on my nephew this weekend. No idea what i was doing differently, but it went on perfect the first time tonight!) and in the bassinet. I kind of miss him in the bed with me! (But will be putting him there if he wakes up anytime soon. He's only been in there for like 15 minutes so far, so we'll see how long it lasts!) But I want him to start sleeping in the bassinet or the crib (not just yet in the crib though) so that I can get some better sleep. I wake up a lot when he's in the bed with me and it makes it impossible for me to go to the bathroom or move without waking him up. But, I have to say I am seriously missing his snuggles right now!
August 6th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmreed32 View Post
He won't sleep in his crib, he always wakes up. During three day he falls asleep on me. Sometimes he will stay asleep in transition to his bouncy. The place he sleeps best is his carseat. I'm embarrassed that I'm such a failure I can't get him to sleep in his crib. At night , in his carseat he sleeps about 6 straight hours... A couple times he's slept 8
There is nothing to be embarrassed about - you are far from alone. Sleeping in a crib would be easier for you but does not make you a good/bad parent,

August 6th, 2013, 03:22 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmreed32 View Post
I hope you're not really embarrassed that your baby won't sleep in his crib, nor feel like a failure! Plenty of babies have slept the first months in bouncy seats, swings, car seats, on mom's chest, or anywhere else moms can get them to sleep. Babies are not used to sleeping flat on their backs on a firm, cold surface. It's just not natural for them. I specifically wanted a swing because I wanted to be sure that if my baby (and I was almost positive that this would happen to me) wouldn't sleep in a crib or bassinet, that I had another alternative. Because in the end, it really doesn't matter WHERE baby sleeps as long as the baby is safe and you are both getting the rest you need.
MissyBee and Steph625 like this.

August 6th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eli sleeps in his pack n play, swaddled.
He goes to bed at 9 and gets up around 9am with 2 wakeups in between to eat.
He usually naps around 10:30-12 and 2-5. Then in the evenings he naps on our chest on and off.
August 6th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Leif sleeps in a cradle next to out bed just until our nursery is finished. (It's not even started but the addition to the house is going up!). He will sleep anywhere between 5-8 hrs at night. During the day, it depends. He will usually sleep in Pak n play so I can get things done. He will sleep between 30min-2hrs and he usually has a morning nap and afternoon nap. Yesterday however, he was not on a schedule of any sorts! Wowza!
August 6th, 2013, 07:35 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lena does not nap on any kind of schedule. She falls asleep in my arms a lot. I transition her to the swing when I can to play with Anna or get stuff done. Most of the time, though, she wakes up when I put her down. She is happily sleeping there right now, PTL. When we're out, she will sleep in the car seat, stroller, or wrap. At night, she usually sleeps 11-6 in her crib in her room right across the hall. (We have a video monitor to keep an ear out and to look in if she makes noise.)

August 6th, 2013, 12:30 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
McKinley sleeps in her cradle next to our bed for most of the night. She wakes up once around 4-5am and spends the rest of the night in bed with us. She sleeps on her back with her arms spread up above her head. She absolutely HATES to be swaddled now.

During the day, she mostly sleeps in my arms or in her swing.

August 6th, 2013, 01:25 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
During the day, Henry takes cat naps in the bouncy seat, swing, or my arms. His long nap is on my chest while I lay on the couch. At night he sleeps in our bed on his side or cuddled up with me or DH. It's a shame I spent so much time making bedding for his crib and we use it to store clean laundry before putting it away.
August 6th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
During the day, he sleeps in his swing, his bouncy seat, on the couch next to me or in my arms. At night, we are now fully transitioned to the crib.. (Despite my earlier reservations, I am actually sleeping much better and even more now)

#1, 4, 5, 7

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search