Two month dr. visit

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Madison.Hailey.Zack
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nolan weighed in at 9lb 13oz and Corbin at 9lb 2oz. YAY!

I didn't like this doctor too much. She was nice but just didn't fit for us. We're waiting in our insurance to approve us to go back to the ped we have been seeing. He moved practices and need to get everything changed over but he just moved August 1st so it takes some time to get everything approved by Tricare.

She refused to change Corbin's meds. Even though the previous ped said that at this appointment we would. That's frustrating because the zantac isn't giving him very much relief throughout the day. Her response was "maybe it's just colic since he's gaining we're not going to change it"

Then the moment we got in the car he proceeded to projectile spit up everywhere....yea tell me that it's "just colic"

He's can be such a happy baby. First thing in the morning and at night...both right after he's had the zantac. middle of the day is the worst for him. I just didn't really feel like she took the time to address any of our concerns. She was more focused on why we wanted to wait until 6 months to start getting shots.
August 5th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I would call in the am and ask to speak to the other pedi and request the mess change. Hugs hon.
zkat and Steph625 like this.

August 6th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
That's upsetting about the dr. Did you explain that during the day is the worst and that the other dr said they would change it? I do not appreciate do toes who just don't listen to their patients. Irritating!! Hugs love!
August 6th, 2013, 07:54 AM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would def. call and talk to your other Pedi. and see if he/she will go a head and call in the new med for you.

So happy to see the boys are gaining and growing so well!
August 6th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Is there a reason for just 2 times a day? Elli was prescribed 3 times a day. Sometimes by hour 4 we are counting the hours to the next dose.

August 6th, 2013, 09:09 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Yay for weight gain! That's frustrating to refuse different meds. Maybe this doc should come take care of them for a day and try to dismiss it as "just colic." A mom knows her child.
loveneverfails likes this.
August 6th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The two times a day was just what we were to start with, I don't think our ped thought that zantac was going to do it for him but from what he said we needed to try it for two weeks to get the other stuff because otherwise Tricare won't pay for it.

I agree. She needs to hear him scream some. He was really happy while we were there but it was good timing for him. About middle of the day he becomes attached to me to on and off nurse because it hurts him. He spits up a lot of it and is comfort nursing a lot but I can't put him down at all. Right now they just ate at 12:30. Nolan is happy and spending some time in the bouncer and Corbin is back on me comfort nursing because the zantac has worn off.
August 6th, 2013, 12:11 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We ran into the same mess with our insurance and Zantac before they would prescribe Kiefer Prevacid. I would call and complain. Do anything you can to get the prescription switched. The difference it made for Kiefer was like night and day.

On a side note, yay for growing healthy boys!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search