Should I be worried?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bribugg13

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2013, 05:44 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so I'm not trying to brag (I'm actually concerned), but Anna has slept 8+ hours Friday night, Sunday night, and now last night. She's actually still sleeping and it's 7:30am and we put her down before 10pm last night. She's never slept more than 6 hours before Friday night and it's usually more like 4.5-5 hours and then up every 2 after that. I, however, woke up at 5:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. I've put my hand on her a few times to make sure she's breathing.

Her eating habits have been all over the place the last week or so, too. Her napping has been weird as well. She'll sleep for 45 minutes, be awake for 30, sleep 30, be awake for an hour, sleep 25, be awake for 90, sleep 60, awake 30....etc etc etc..It's just all over the place. She was starting to eat 3 ounces, sometimes 4, at a time, but now she only does that when she wakes up from her long sleep and before she goes to bed. The rest of the day is 2 ounces, nap, 1 ounce, 25 minute nap, 2 ounces, etc. I don't know if she's going through a transition period or what. I did notice that she is getting close to rolling over, though, so I don't know if that has something to do with it. We go to the doctor today for her 2 month check up, though, so I'll ask them about it.

Anyone else's baby going haywire?

August 6th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a haywire day yesterday and I wanted to pull my hair out! I wouldn't worry about her sleeping. That's great!! I don't have any input on the eating, sorry. Just ask your pediatrician and see what they say. I'm curious to know.
August 6th, 2013, 06:28 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
She's probably going through a growth spurt. I lucked out with a baby who LOVES her sleep this time around as well. She can nap on and off ALL day long and still sleep 6-8 hours at night. She sleeps through the night (like 9p-6a) a couple times each week. Her usual sleep habit is just waking once or twice per night to eat and go back to sleep.

When she is AWAKE and eating or fussy more often, I chalk it up to growth spurts. Her doc said as long as she's gaining weight (and she is! She was 8 lb 12 oz when she was born and she was 11 lb 11 oz at her 1m appt!!) then she's obviously getting enough to eat! Even though it seems like she's sleeping the majority of the time! I'm just beyond thankful for a child who loves sleep because Connor has always been a horrible sleeper, and at 3 years old he still doesn't STTN without waking at least once!

Also check out the wonder weeks, I never purchased the full info, but the free stuff they put on the website is pretty interesting and can relate to some "crazy" periods our babies seem to have.

Mental leap 1 - Wonder Week 5: The World of Changing SensationsThe Wonder Weeks
4hearts and eshute like this.

August 6th, 2013, 08:01 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Morgan has been sleeping up to 8 hours at night lately. She sometimes wakes up once, but that's after at least 5 hours. Sometimes I have to get up when she doesn't to pump. I wouldn't worry about her eating unless she isn't gaining weight or dirtying enough diapers. She'll eat when she's hungry.

August 6th, 2013, 08:02 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
baby girl does the same thing
she'll nap for 20 minutes here 30 another and usually one solid nap for an hour or two
for the past week or so she'll sleep from 8-4am yesterday was 830-5am
i will take it!!!

August 7th, 2013, 06:32 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Went to the doc yesterday for her check up. All looks good. The doc said that she's probably not sleeping well during the day because she has started sleeping 8-9 hours at night. About the eating thing - doc said it might just be because she's starting to really figure out when she's hungry and not hungry. She's gaining weight, so no issues there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search