Hair!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 2 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By Madison.Hailey.Zack
  • 1 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2013, 10:07 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Let's talk about baby hair! Does your baby have hair or are they rockin' the Mr. Clean look? If your baby was born with hair, has any of it fallen out? What color is it and do think it will stay that way?

My older kids were both born bald as can be and didn't get hair until they were almost 1. They both have blonde hair but Jaleigh's is fine and thin while Kiefer's is thick and coarse.

McKinley, on the other hand, is a whole new ball game lol. She was born with a good head full of silky soft dark brown hair. I really thought we had managed to keep it all until recently...she has a strip down the middle on top that has noticeably grown since she was born. However, she is losing hair on either side of it (think a true mohawk). It looks so funny but the kids are loving giving her a mohawk everyday lol. Also, I'm not sure her hair is going to stay brown because what little fuzz she has in her bald spots appears to be coming in blonde. So strange!

Her is an example of her "bald spots"

And a front view of her mohawk because I absolutely love it

August 6th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Finn was born with a full head of thick, dark brown hair. I love it, but I don't think it's going to stay that way. It's starting to thin a little bit. His big sister was born with the same dark brown hair, though not as much, and all hers fell out after a few months and grew back in kind of sandy-blonde. I'm guessing his will do the same.

navywifey2003 and MamaSkunk like this.

August 6th, 2013, 01:00 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Henry was born with a full head, forehead, sideburns, neck, shoulders, and back of dark brown hair. Crazy! Some of it has thinned out a little, and it has also gotten lighter. The hair on his head has an auburn cast to it. We'll see if it all stays. Lily had a decent amount on her head and then lost it all. Abri had about the same amount as Henry and lost most except for the funky mohawk chunk in the middle.

navywifey2003 likes this.

Last edited by QueenCrafty; August 6th, 2013 at 01:06 PM.
August 6th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Zack was born with really dark almost black hair. None of it has fallen out but its gotten more brown/auburn color. I love it!

August 6th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Arthur was born with a significant amount of hair, and it looked strawberry blond, but could be red in the right light, and the top of his head, the hair was so light colored and thin, he was rocking what I called the old man look: bald on the top, hair on the sides. Now his hair has darkened quite a bit and it's VERY red. You can really see it in this picture:

Thank you Vicki.. for the beautiful siggy
August 6th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mirabelle was born with a full head of 1.5" long black hair and she still has it. Alie was also born with a lot of hair and didn't end up losing it until around 4-5 months, but she was never completely bald.
August 6th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ellianna was born with male patterned baldness. She still has that same pattern with fuzz on the top. She is light brown.

August 6th, 2013, 06:57 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Morgan had a full head of very dark hair when she was born. She's since lost quite a bit of it, and what's left has lightened up a bit.

August 6th, 2013, 07:06 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Emerson has my dad's hairline, nothing up front, all in the back =)
its starting to grow in somewhat but she's getting the line in the back from being laid down in her bouncy chair or rock n play (doesnt like to get held too much)
it was brown when she was born but now it looks either auburn or light blonde, only time will tell

August 7th, 2013, 01:55 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eva was born with dark brown hair and I was so excited bc it was way more then my other daughter had. Now it's been falling out in top and her hair looks like George costanza from Seinfeld. Lol I hope it comes back quick.

August 7th, 2013, 02:04 AM
SassySami's Avatar Crunchy mama
Jarek was born with tons of brown hair with blonde highlights, just like his sister. None of his hair has fallen out. I think it will be just like his sisters hair.

Sami, married to Joe, mama to Debra (9), Kaydence (7), Nolan (2) and Jarek born 6/26/2013, unassisted at home

August 7th, 2013, 07:51 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anna was born with a decent amount of hair, but some of it fell out. It fell out in a hilarious way, however. She lost a ring of hair. The hair on the top of her head fell out, and then the baldness made a ring around a tuft of hair in the back and she still has quite a bit of hair at the base of her head. Think those guys from the wizard of oz - the lollipop guild guys. Luckily, it has started growing back and is nice and dark. Both mine and SO's family has thick, dark, wavy hair...so unless she got a crazy grandparent gene in there...I don't think it'll be any different.

August 7th, 2013, 11:54 AM
cheerfulsunrise's Avatar Super Mommy

This is Leona at 6 weeks. People always say "look at all that hair!" whenever they see her. She was born with lots of hair, it looked almost black, but is turning more brown now. She is getting more hair on the top, but is still kinda bald on top.

August 7th, 2013, 02:18 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Payson was born with some and that fell out she is now a ginger!
beatlechicksteph likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search