8 weeks old today - doctor appointment

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe that Finn is 8 weeks old already. Where has the time gone?!

He weighed in at exactly 13 lbs and his length is now 25 inches. At his last appointment with our midwife at 6 weeks, he weighed 12 lbs, 6 oz and his length was 23 inches. He's growing so fast, I can't believe he grew 2 inches in 2 weeks! No wonder he has to eat constantly! The doctor said that he's ahead of the curve on a few things. His head control is excellent - he can hold his head up on his own for 10-15 minutes if he wants to - and he can roll over on his own. He's such a strong boy.

The doctor told me that I should be giving him vitamin D drops, and gave me a few samples to start giving him. I had no idea, because no one mentioned it to me prior to this. Apparently this is the norm now? Especially here in Canada where babies might not get enough sunlight to get all the vitamin D that they need. My older daughter was born in Arizona and no one ever said anything about vitamin D with her - presumably because they expect them to get enough from the sunlight in Arizona.

We did immunizations today - he got one in each leg and an oral. Poor little guy...turned beet red and screamed his little head off. I fed him to calm him down, and then he conked out hardcore. He's been asleep for two hours now. I'm pretty frazzled. I hate, hate, hate taking my babies for shots. It's so stressful and it just breaks my heart to put him through that!

August 6th, 2013, 11:19 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a big strong boy!

As far as the vitamin D drops go, apparently they recommend them to all breastfed babies now. I think they probably didn't recommend them for your daughter because it is a fairly new thing. My dr said that's why they didn't recommend them for my oldest but they did when Kiefer was a baby and for Mac.

August 6th, 2013, 08:58 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They recommend the vitamin d to even formula fed babies now. My ped said it is a brand new thing when I said they didn't give those to us for my DD when she was little.

August 6th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, my doctor recommended the vitamin d drops for us too. She said as long as we're ebf-ing we need to use them, if we ever start formula, we can stop. So from what you're saying, Karry, it seems it's so new that it's contradictory in who needs to do them. We started Arthur's today.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search