Feeling unsupported

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By shen7

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Today DH admitted to me that he doesn't know what he did with over 8oz of my milk I asked him to freeze last weekend.

I had been trying to leave to go to my parents house which is over 30 min away. I need to leave asap to get there in time for the babies to be fed but the milk also needed to be frozen that day. I knew I would be getting home late and most likely to forget. This was my largest bag I had and I was so happy to have it to freeze I wanted to make sure it got done. I labeled the bag, set out the milk by the bag and asked DH to just pour it in and lay it in the freezer asap. When I was walking out the door he had started to do it. Well I don't know what happened but all week I have been looking for this bag of milk to make sure it got done, we went to the beach for a few days and came back last night and I again asked DH where it was because I couldn't find it. He finally said this morning he looked everywhere for it and he must have throw it away.

I was so upset. That one bag is more half of one days feedings for the babysitter for one baby. That one bag pushed my stash to 50oz which made me have two days worth for the babysitter. Having that amount made me feel better about not pumping to try and get my oversupply under control. Now I'm stressed out and upset.

To top it off everyone else is just like...just give them formula. Gee thanks. No one cares what it took for me to get that 8oz.

DH tried to make it better by saying I could buy whatever pump I wanted since my used freestyle is dying.
August 10th, 2013, 11:47 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like it's a bad day for the guys. I'm sorry about the breastmilk. Sometimes I think guys just black out and forget what they're doing. I can't imagine how frustrating it is to know that something that you took the time and energy to supply for your babies was thrown away.

August 10th, 2013, 11:53 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sooo sorry. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be. I would have ripped my DH a new one if he did that. Men just don't get it. Big hugs!

August 10th, 2013, 02:07 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Stick the pump to his boobs and tell him he can't take them off until he gets 8oz out.

Seriously though, I'd be pissed. I'm sorry that men don't understand BM is called liquid gold for a reason.

August 10th, 2013, 03:22 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh I would be soooo pissed and I agree with Teresa tell him to stick the pump on himself til he gets 8 oz!
MerinSun likes this.

August 10th, 2013, 04:57 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry!

My dh has been annoying me lately too. We are trying to get Eva to take a bottle so dh has tried to take her downstairs early in the morning to give her one. I have started go pump to build a supply for when I return to work but also so e can do this. I freeze the bm flat. I found two bags that were frozen but all bunched up so I think he left the freezer cracked and if thawed and refroze so I am scared to use it. Then I came down the other morning after he had taken her and there was a bottle with two ounces sitting by the couch. He said she wouldn't take it so he just left it there! I said only try like an ounce at a time then so you don't waste it and immediately put in fridge if she doesn't. Well this morning the same thing happened!! He just puts too much in the bottle and then leaves it out. He said he tried right when he first brought her down and she refused. ***!! he knows i had just nursed her. si then he brings her to me 2 hours later. i said why didnt you try the bottle so it wasnt wasted? ugh he was all annoyed with me. I said do not try to give her a bottle anymore it's just wasting milk!!

Woah sorry for all the typos! I'm on my phone!

August 13th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I can sympathize with you 100%!!! I lost ALL but 2 bags of my breastmilk and I had around 50 bags. I had them all frozen in the freezer outside and we are having construction being done to our house and they cut off the electricity to the garage...forgetting all about all my bags of milk. To make things worse, I have such a low supply to begin with. I worked so hard just to get what I had. Many many hours and stress and frustriation...sweat and tears I tell ya! All gone. And when I told my DH, it seemed he just shrugged his shoulders which made me feel even worse. But after talking to him, he just didn't know how hard it was to get all that milk. Sometimes men just doesn't get it cuz they aren't going through it like we are. I feel for ya! I wish I could get more than 2oz with a single pump session. UGH. So frustrating. Hugs love!
August 14th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
what sad stories! I hope you mamas know that even though men can be idiots and terrible things can happen, you are amazing moms for putting so much effort into feeding your babies the best you can, and even if they don't get the lost milk, they get your love!!! I am in awe of you pumping moms, it is so much work and you deserve 100% total support from everyone around you!!
Gen88 likes this.

August 15th, 2013, 09:07 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
Sounds like something I went through...although I had only been able to pump about an oz, so I can only imagine how you felt about that much going to waste...or to the waste basket.
I'm sorry

*Amanda*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search