Constipation issues still!!!!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2013, 11:40 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
I have eliminated the cereal we were giving her to try and help with the reflux. She is a brand new baby and so glad we took her off of that. It just kept her tummy in constant fits.

But she is still constipated.
I tried prune juice and she puked it up in chunks
I tried apple juice and she spits it up immediately and I can see the pain in her face when she did
I just don't want to try the Karo syrup because more than half the stories I read were bad reviews and I just don't have a good feeling about it.
I have had to give her 3 suppositories over the course of a week.

She has her 2 month checkup in a week so I will see what pedi recommends.

Do any of you have any recommendations that are natural?

~Kristin~
August 11th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Super Mommy
We were having issues with Harper not going for a week straight. We were told to do a glycerin suppository every 6 days if she has not gone. The pedi was not concerned at all, because it is ok if breastfed babies only go weekly. Harper just had a ton of gas but didn't seem in pain. She also recommended 1oz of pedialyte daily to help. She said no juice due to sugar content. We didn't have to try the pedialyte because she has now started going daily since the 2 month shots.

Is she acting like she is in pain? Do you bf or use formula?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search