Can't rush bedtime

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think men will ever learn.

Last night the babies had finished eating and we were putting them to bed DH took Corbin to rock him and i was going to nurse Nolan to sleep. Corbin doesn't always do so great nursing to sleep because of his reflux but Nolan loves it. So I was sort of drifting off with Nolan, he was almost asleep but still latched on when DH came in and pulled him away from me. I had my eyes closed and didn't notice until I felt him pull him away. He was trying to lay them both down quickly because he need to go wash and iron his uniform. Corbin was sort of getting sleeping and Nolan was asleep but woke up when he realized he was in his bed since he wasn't done nursing to sleep. (I still don't get why he took Nolan, he could have gotten Corbin to sleep, put him down and I would have put Nolan in the co-sleeper but anyways)

So I rolled over and told DH that since he was in such a rush to put them to bed he could deal with it. I didn't really sleep because the babies kept waking up crying since they weren't settled. Finally he got Nolan down and nearly two hours later he brought me Corbin who at this point was hungry again.

I hated it because I could hear them crying but at the same time I hope he learned his lesson that you can't rush things at bedtime and if he was so concerned about his uniform he should have done it in the time he was sitting and playing a computer game.
August 12th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No rushing bedtime with Ellianna either. You are better than me though - when Ellianna fusses I run and take her from DH. I know that he is her father and I need to let them deal together. There is no reason I need to take her away. Good for you for letting DH deal with the fussing.

August 12th, 2013, 11:02 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My SO likes to try to rush bedtime sometimes, too. He gets irritated when he puts her down and she wakes back up instantly. I used to take her from him because he gets frustrated, but now he won't let me take her because he wants to deal with it himself. I hate hearing her cry, but he's gotta learn that we're on her schedule, not the other way around. Good for you for letting your DH deal with it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search