PPD

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By KellBell2621
  • 2 Post By MrsLat
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By princess136
  • 1 Post By overlinmommy17
  • 1 Post By MarylandMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 13th, 2013, 09:01 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am pretty sure I have PPD. Lately I have been crying all the time for no reason at all. I have also been having a real hard time with thinking about my friend of 15 years that committed suicide (he told me he loved me and I told him I didn't feel the same...he went home and shot himself. I was the last to see him alive) Its been 2 years and I was dealing with that quite well for the last year and a half but lately I've been dwelling on it. My closest friends are several states away so I don't really have friends nearby and so I haven't really been out with any friends in a long time. I do get out of the house a lot but only with the kids or DH. We are still having financial issues. DH is going thru a temp agency and getting some work but its nothing consistent and nothing that a family can really survive off of. My 6 week PP checkup is on the 18th and I will discuss this all with my OB but I am pretty sure this is PPD. As the only thing that makes me smile is my kids right now everything else just makes me sad and depressed.

August 14th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Super Mommy
*hugs* i'm sorry you're going through all of this. being away from close friends/family is definitely hard. hopefully your doctor can help you. luckily you have all of us here to vent to or just need a shoulder to cry on! i can relate to a lot of what you're going through <3
MamaSkunk likes this.
August 14th, 2013, 12:29 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry you are feeling depressed. I have always had problems with depression and pretty severe PPD after each pregnancy. So, I started my antidepressant as a precaution as soon I delivered. I am on a low dose of Lexapro and it has made the world of difference for me.

Some more natural things that help me are:

-Making sure to get 30 minutes of sun each day on as much skin as possible! It helps make sure you get your vitamin D to the right level. If you can't go outside, take a low dose Vitamin D3 supplement, like 1000 iu.

-If your energy levels are sucking, you could also try a B-complex vitamin

-When I am feeling down, I have Alex take the kiddos and I go and lay down in my room where its quiet. I put a little bit of essential oil on my temples. Something citrusy like lemon or orange smelling. Then I put headphones in and listen to some meditation music or relaxing nature sounds like the ocean. I just practice taking really deep breaths and relax. It helps a lot.

-Counseling might be a good idea to help you deal with the grief process over your friend.

-Also when natural methods fail, there is no shame in taking a low dose antidepressant to help get you through until your hormones balance out.

Hang in there mama, it gets better.
MamaSkunk and KellBell2621 like this.

August 15th, 2013, 09:47 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Valerie has some great suggestions! I might try some of them too. I am so sorry you are dealing with some PPD. I think it is a good idea to bring it up with your doctor. I dealt with it pretty bad after my first, so I have gone on a low dose antidepressant before delivery the last two times as a precaution.
MamaSkunk likes this.
August 15th, 2013, 09:53 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
I agree that all of Valerie's suggestions are wonderful. And I feel the same way about medicines, they are there to help when you can't get past something on your own and all the natural remedies don't help either.

You need to be able to feel good 99% of the time and be able to get past your grief so you can feel great. I wish you all the luck with trying her suggestions and talking it out with your OB as well.
MamaSkunk likes this.

~Kristin~
August 15th, 2013, 10:08 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks a bunch Valerie those are great suggestions.

August 15th, 2013, 04:16 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Thinking and praying for you!!!!
MamaSkunk likes this.

August 15th, 2013, 09:26 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Big hugs! I wish I had something to say that could help, but I am at a loss. I will be praying for you!
MamaSkunk likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search