Working moms

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kim3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2013, 04:39 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Are you back to work yet?
How is baby adjusting?
How was your first day? If you are not back yet how do you expect it to go?

August 14th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I returned on July 8 (Elli was 4 weeks). I returned for like 4 hours a day. Now I go 6 hours and return ft after Labor Day (I am a self employed business partner and really have to be in the office without 3 months off).

My Mom watches Ellianna so the adjustment to Grandma was pretty easy since my Mom had visited at least 5 times a week.

Since this was my third baby, returnin to work just became a reality. Much harder with the first child.

August 14th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I go back Monday. Im only part time and have a pretty flexible schedule. So we will see. I'm sure I will be a wreck! But I have the most trust in my babysitter. She is a friend and a neighbor.
August 14th, 2013, 06:31 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go back October 21st but I will be going in next week to get my classroom ready and plan with my sub. Eva will not take a bottle so I am nervous! I ordered an old school playtex latex nipple which was the only thing my dd would take so we will try that this week. I am only going two days next week and dh is watching her but still! She's addicted to mommy!

August 14th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy220 View Post
I go back October 21st but I will be going in next week to get my classroom ready and plan with my sub.
This exactly! I have been working with my sub this week trying to get everything ready for kiddos next week. Working for no pay isn't fun, but I'm glad I don't have to start teaching next week!
August 14th, 2013, 09:41 AM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I head back Sept 4th. I'm sure it'll be harder for me than her. lol

August 14th, 2013, 11:33 AM
PurpleStar's Avatar March 2015 DDC Co-Host
No date set but looking at returning 9/30. My gma will be coming to Maui with me and stay for a month to help with settling in, so Gia will have some continuation of normalcy before eventually having to go to daycare.

August 14th, 2013, 11:36 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
I returned on August 1st. First day was hard but because I was so extremely busy at work it passed quickly.

She seems to really like the daycare and that helped put her into the night time sleep routine. I think she is so excited with the other babies and all the action that she doesn't sleep all day like she was at home with me.

This is my 3rd as well but first baby in 9 years and it was much harder to return this time. I think because I am older now and have more patience that I really enjoyed being at home so much with all 3 kids. I was young with my first two and my ex didn't help AT ALL so I was so stressed and ready for a break from them that I couldn't wait to return to work with.

~Kristin~
August 14th, 2013, 03:26 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I start back to work September 4th. I'm not looking forward to it but bills must be paid and the reality of our financial situation is that we cannot afford to live on one income, even without the expense of daycare. I'm sure I will be much worse off than McKinley on my first day back. I absolutely love my daycare and have been using them since DD was 1. All the teachers and the director are super excited for her to start and for Kiefer to come back so I know they will both get spoiled rotten while I'm at work.

August 14th, 2013, 05:01 PM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
I go back this weekend. I work 14 hour shifts and I'm going to be PT doing two shifts a week. DF will watch DD one day and we're rotating through some friends and family for the other (each person will do one Sunday a month).

I'm freaking out. Just spent an hour sobbing onto DF and getting his shirt all snotty because I'm so scared and sad to leave her.

August 14th, 2013, 06:49 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went back July 29th. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I guess going to my MIL's made the transition easier for her (and me) but it was still hard. Thankfully work was so busy that I didn't have much time to dwell on it.

August 15th, 2013, 08:24 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going back to work as soon as someone hires me. I was 28 weeks preg when we moved and so I wasn't really a smart hire for anyone.

My mom will be watching Anna any time SO and I are working. I'm sort of torn about going back to work. I'm really sad that I'll be away from her and I know I'm going to cry. At the same time, though, I'm excited to go back to work and have some adult human interaction other than my SO. I work in the medical field, so I'm used to having a lot of interaction, fast paced days, lots of mental stimulation, etc. I've really missed that. I keep telling myself it's okay to want to go back to work, but man it makes me feel like a bad mom. I know when the time comes, I'm going to be a wreck leaving her the first few days.

August 15th, 2013, 09:22 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
I have been back to work since July 22nd.
We are adjusting....Emma is coming to work with me everyday which is a HUGE help!
I have NO idea what the heck I am going to do when I can't bring her to work with me anymore....I can't bring myself to even call daycares to see if I could trust them with my sweet baby, and i have no family and not very close friends (no one that I trust with her) that live in the state....sooooo I don't know!

But we are doing fairly well. Some days are harder then others.

*Amanda*

August 15th, 2013, 01:13 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
i go back to work full time on Sept. 4th and I am dreading it.
August 15th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshute View Post
At the same time, though, I'm excited to go back to work and have some adult human interaction other than my SO. I work in the medical field, so I'm used to having a lot of interaction, fast paced days, lots of mental stimulation, etc. I've really missed that. I keep telling myself it's okay to want to go back to work, but man it makes me feel like a bad mom. I know when the time comes, I'm going to be a wreck leaving her the first few days.
Nothing to feel bad about. There are different ways to parent. I think I would be a bad SAHM. I crave intellectual stimulation. However, I do my best to spend every possible free hour with my kids. They are watched by Grandma and are very close to them.
TeresaV likes this.

August 15th, 2013, 09:34 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will go back on the 22nd. Anna's birthday is Tuesday, then Wednesday is her first day of school, so I will start back after all of that. I am sooooooooooo not looking forward to it. I love the babysitter, but Lena is kind of a difficult baby. She has so many stomach issues and we're CDing. I am worried that the instructions will be too complicated for the babysitter and will be lost in translation. She is so sweet and was wonderful with Anna from 6 months on, but her English is mediocre at best and it can be tough to communicate anything complicated. I am going to go by on Wednesday and see her and introduce them. I am going to take all of the instructions in writing so that one of her family members can translate for her if need be.

I am dreading going back. I love my job and I never wanted to be a SAHM, but now I find that I wish I could. But we have taken on financial obligations (most notably, the new house) based on both of our incomes. I am going to miss my days with my girls. I will be going back 3 days (about 30 hours) per week.

August 16th, 2013, 07:55 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Are you back to work yet?been back for three weeks, ugh
How is baby adjusting?oh just fine
How was your first day? it was fine, being my second one it made it much easier

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search