Gut instinct, psychic vibes, intuition... (OT)

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Every once in a while I get a feeling about things. I don't know if it's instinct or intuition, or some kind of psychic foreshadowing, but I've learned to trust this feeling. It has only happened a handful of times in my life, but it usually comes out of nowhere and is incredibly strong. As an example, the last time it happened was when Fiona was about 3...She was playing quietly in her room and I was getting ready to hop in the shower. Just as I stepped in, I got this feeling that I needed to go check on Fiona. I brushed the feeling aside because I was only taking a quick 5 minute shower. And besides, she was 3, it's not like she was a little baby, and she's always been very independent, she could play on her own for a little bit. A second later I was hit with the feeling that I had to go check on her RIGHT THEN. I ran to her room and found her purple faced, choking on a piece of bread that she'd helped herself to out of the pantry. It was the scariest moment of my life, and it reminded me that I should always pay heed to my intuition.

This weekend, I experienced that intuition again. Nothing so dramatic as saving my child, but it was a strong feeling, and I haven't been able to get it out of my head...so I wanted to share it with you ladies.

We went to Ohio this weekend for DH's grandma's funeral. It was a lovely service and a happy occasion rather than a mournful one. She was very old, and died peacefully and comfortably in her sleep. Everyone shared happy memories of her, and there were lots of pictures and old home videos. Unfortunately, there was a little family drama. DH's uncle Butch (grandma's son) has lived in the basement of the home since he was a teenager. So, like 50 years now. All the other kids grew up and moved out, but he stayed. So grandma left the house to him with the understanding that it would be kept in the family. If he decided to sell, he'd only get 50% and the other 50% would be split among the other 3 kids. Everyone wants to keep the home - it's been in the family since it was built in the early 1940's and all the kids were raised there, and all the grandkids spent a lot of time there. Everyone has happy memories there. Apparently everyone except Butch...because he plans to sell it. It's a small home and it's not worth a lot of money - especially if you're only getting 50% - and it's worth a lot more in happy memories than it is in cash. But Butch and his girlfriend want to buy an RV and travel.

I had never met DH's grandma, and I'd never been to the house before...but as soon as I walked in, it felt like home to me. More like home than any of the places that DH and I have lived together. It's not my dream house by any means. It's pretty small and it needs some updating, but it just felt right to me. I was standing in the kitchen when I had that moment, that feeling. It was just a quick flash, but I saw myself standing at the kitchen sink preparing dinner, looking out the window at the kids playing in the back yard on a cool autumn evening...it was so real and strong. It made me happy and I just knew that it was right for us. I went straight outside and told DH that we need to find a way to buy the house and make it our home. Funnily enough, he told me that he was just heading inside to tell me the same thing. Apparently he'd had a similar feeling outside.

So now we're trying to negotiate a price with Butch, and once we do that we have to figure out exactly how to get the money, and then DH has to find a job in Cleveland and we have to get Finn's US citizenship paperwork taken care of, and we have to move, and a million other details. Am I completely crazy for uprooting our family (again) based on a gut feeling? Our move to Toronto really hasn't worked out the way we were hoping...it's been frustrating to know that we sold everything we owned and gave up everything we had in Arizona, and after all that it isn't right for us. I just feel so strongly about that home in Ohio...and John has family there, and it's less than 5 hours from here so we'd still be able to see my family often.

Does anyone else ever have these types of intuitive feelings? Strong enough to base a major life decision on?

August 14th, 2013, 10:09 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
That's awesome! I hope everything works out just perfect for you and your family, it really sounds like it should!

I've never had any life changing events, but little things like knowing who's calling before I look at my phone, or knowing the phone is about to ring before it does, knowing the song that's about to play on the radio....life coincidences I call them!

August 14th, 2013, 11:19 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes I have experienced intuition/gut instinct and I believe in it very strongly. Mine has never been wrong so I would do the same as you and move. Sometimes you just know when things are right.

August 14th, 2013, 01:10 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I personally haven't had any instincts that have caused such a major life change, but I definitely believe in them. I hope everything works out for you. That would be awesome to raise your family in a place that is so special
August 14th, 2013, 03:07 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't personally had any strong intuitions, but my mother has/does. Hers are crazy. She literally knew I was pregnant before I did...and honestly before anyone could have known. The thing about that is that we didn't live near each other at the time so there's no way it could have been the way I looked or was acting. Anyway, my mom has them on occasion and she's never been wrong. I had this horrible sad feeling when I left my grandma the last time I saw her alive. I hugged her and couldn't stop saying that I loved her and cried while I drove away. She wasn't feeling well, but wasn't particularly sick. I just thought it was weird I was so upset, but didn't think much of it. She passed away 2 days later. I don't know if that counts or not.

But anyway, I strongly believe people can have intuitions/visions/hints of what is to come. I'd go with your gut!

August 14th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have always wanted a girl. We always planned on 2 kids. I remember being in the shower after our first with a feeling that our first twowould be boys and our third a girl. Well now there is little Ellianna and two older brothers.

August 14th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jooooin me! Joooooin me in Ohio! Mwahahaha! lol

What part of Ohio is the home at? As for moving, home is where the heart is. If you haven't felt comfortable in your current location and you can make the move work, then go for it

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

August 14th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerinSun View Post
Jooooin me! Joooooin me in Ohio! Mwahahaha! lol

What part of Ohio is the home at? As for moving, home is where the heart is. If you haven't felt comfortable in your current location and you can make the move work, then go for it
Lol, you're too funny. The house is in Westlake - just outside Cleveland.

August 14th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Are u a Scorpio?

August 14th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne Nicole View Post
Lol, you're too funny. The house is in Westlake - just outside Cleveland.
Drat! Exact opposite part of the state from me. I'm in Northern Cincinnati.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

August 14th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen88 View Post
Are u a Scorpio?
Nope, Pisces through and through.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search