Cluster feeding at night

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies, breast feeding has been going great but for the past week Ariana has been cluster feeding only at night and gets super cranky and fuzzy and has been keeping me up until pass 3 am. Why is this happening? How long is it gonna last? Any suggestions? I'm one tired momma *sigh*

August 14th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Super Mommy
i'm assuming a growth spurt? hopefully it's over with soon! my little one does the cluster feeds in the evenings too sometimes, usually lasts a few days or so
August 14th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Sounds like a growth spurt. Zack just went through his 6 week one but does his cluster feelings during the day. Could you just put her to the boob in bed so you both can get some sleep?

August 14th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She is in the bed with me but cries and pulls off the breast to cry and goes back on and keeps pulling and going back on and off and is super fussy. She's fine the rest of the day but her cluster feeding starts around 12am. I don't think it's a growth spurt since when she does go thru grow spurts she will be on the boob all day long. But then again I don' know, I'm pretty clueless lol

August 15th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
Leif sometimes gets real cranky, fusses and pulls off, then relatches. Who cycle repeats several times. I just have always contributed to the face he just isn't getting enough from me as much as he'd like. I can't keep up with him anyways from day one so I'm not much help. Sorry. But I feel for ya! Hugs hun!
August 15th, 2013, 08:31 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm thinking growth spurt too. When Henry acts like that I just switch boobs until he calms down. As my second got older, her cluster feedings for growth spurts started happening in the middle of the night instead of the early evening as a newborn.
August 15th, 2013, 08:38 AM
MommaMandaPanda89's Avatar I'm having a Girl!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen88 View Post
She is in the bed with me but cries and pulls off the breast to cry and goes back on and keeps pulling and going back on and off and is super fussy. She's fine the rest of the day but her cluster feeding starts around 12am. I don't think it's a growth spurt since when she does go thru grow spurts she will be on the boob all day long. But then again I don' know, I'm pretty clueless lol
Sounds exactly like Emma except her cluster feedings have been starting around 7pm. Hopefully things will get better!

*Amanda*

August 15th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies, last night was a little better, she was on my boob like 2 hours straight but wasn't fuzzy, lets hope for a good night tonight as well

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search