not going back to work

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By princess136

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2013, 07:29 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
We have decided that I will not go back full time to work. I am going to work PRN and help my husband with his business a few days a week. I am really happy but also really scared about insurance costs and our finances. I feel a little torn. I knowit is best for the kids that I be home more though.

If our money situation was better right now it wouldn't be a hard decision. Anyone else down about money? These hospital bills that come everyday don't help much either.

August 16th, 2013, 08:19 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
We have money issues but have learned to juggle them really well. I'm sure you guys will be able to figure it out. I always say if we can do it anyone can
overlinmommy17 likes this.

August 16th, 2013, 08:34 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That's good you have the option for PRN. Hopefully the business will do well. Money is tight for us too, but the cost of daycare for an infant and 3 year old was more than I made at my job. I hear you on the bills. The hospital coded Henry's services wrong so insurance denied it. We got a bill for $2700! We've already called insurance to get it fixed, but it's still frustrating.
August 16th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope all works well. Funny thing is the more $ I make, the more I realize what is really important and needed. I work with mainly men - and their wives seem to all want large bobbles for the holidays. I told my DH last Christmas what I wanted was professional pictures of our boys on the beach. In 20 years - what matters more - a diamond necklace or a photo album full of memories of your kiddos playing on the beach. That said - my first son has Aspergers. We spend more than the cost of college tuition to send him to a really great school - so I will definitely be working until retirement age Generally though, I think you will never regret the time you spend with your kids.

August 16th, 2013, 09:35 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Finances are an issue here too. I was off for 5 months prior to baby for a complicated pregnancy and I was receiving a little over half my salary. It was hard to make ends meet then.

And I am just waiting for all the medical bills to come in so I can see how much more money we need to pay out. I will definitely be working until retirement age unless my husband gets a HUGE raise!!

So good luck and I hope it all works out as I am envious you are getting to stay home

~Kristin~
August 16th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCrafty View Post
That's good you have the option for PRN. Hopefully the business will do well. Money is tight for us too, but the cost of daycare for an infant and 3 year old was more than I made at my job. I hear you on the bills. The hospital coded Henry's services wrong so insurance denied it. We got a bill for $2700! We've already called insurance to get it fixed, but it's still frustrating.
Our insurance pays 100% and we got denied all of Eli's claims. Big mistake. They had his effective date wrong. Caused a momma to freak out!
August 16th, 2013, 06:34 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not going back to work either only because I have no transportation nor child care

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search