I feel like my baby doesn't like me anymore. :(

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By MerinSun
  • 1 Post By kit.kat.81
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2013, 03:36 PM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
She's been smiling for a few weeks now, and at first she would smile at as both. Now she only smiles for DF. She barely seems to want to look at me. If I'm holding her she's looking at DF. All he has to do is make eye contact and she's beaming like she's never smiled for me before. If he holds her, she's still only got eyes for him. I try and try to get a smile, and MAYBE once a day I get a little quirk of the lips, but nothing like what DF gets. I know it's silly to take it personally, but it hurts my feelings and makes me feel like I must be doing something wrong. I'm with her all day, I BF, I change her, I get up at night with her, I rock her and hold her. DF helps, but I definitely provide the majority of her care. And I still can't get her to smile at me. What am I doing wrong? Does she just like DF more than me?

August 16th, 2013, 03:41 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
She's probably knows that you are always there and just happy to see him. I can bet that when she's hungry and he's holding her, that she won't be as happy with him.
August 16th, 2013, 04:12 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww! Anna has days where I think she hates me and then her dad gets home from work and she's all smiles. Other days, she won't smile at anyone but me. Today she smiled at the neighbors when we took her over to visit, but hadn't smiled for me once. I think it's just whatever tickles their fancy at the time. Sometimes she stares right past me to look at her dad. I think it's because he looks so much different than I do and she sees him less so he's more interesting than I am.

I'm sorry you're feeling down about this, but try not to take it personally (even though I do the same thing). *HUGS*

August 16th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's because he's different! Babies look longer and harder at things that look different. When they're used to something they don't look at it as long.
TeresaV and MamaSkunk like this.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

August 17th, 2013, 12:11 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Exactly what Merin said. Dont fear you are her world. You feed her and care for her and she knows that. If you were to suddenly be gone away from her she would likely be a very unhappy camper. Also little girls are daddys girls for a reason. Do not assume that she doesn't like you just cause she gets excited to see her daddy. My DD is the same way but if she gets sick or hurt she goes running right past my DH and running right to me. When I was having DS my DH went home that night to be with DD and she wasn't happy to have daddy she wanted me. And I feel kind of bad that while she LOVES her daddy and is a daddys girl there are several times where she distinctly let's him know he isn't quite as good as mommy for some things. It KILLS him when she gets hurt and is crying and he can't comfort her but I can.
Don't worry!!!

August 17th, 2013, 01:00 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Kyle went back to work today when he came home Payson was in the mamaroo she saw him and started kicking, cooing, and smiling. It was so amazing to see her notice daddy was home and he wasn't home all day. Don't worry, she still loves you and absolutely needs you and wants you!

August 17th, 2013, 08:06 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
MerinSun took the words right out of my mouth.

August 17th, 2013, 10:25 AM
kit.kat.81's Avatar Veteran
Thanks, ladies. I was having a bit of a hormonal moment I think. I'm very stressed about going back to work tomorrow and I think the anxiety is making me sort of crazy. My mom says that DD doesn't yet realize I'm separate from her so smiling at me is like smiling at her own foot or something LOL.

Also, MamaSkunk, I love your siggy. Dr. Who has been our show of choice while BF lately.
MamaSkunk likes this.

August 17th, 2013, 11:25 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kit.kat.81 View Post
Also, MamaSkunk, I love your siggy. Dr. Who has been our show of choice while BF lately.
thank you! Jaidynsmum made it for me and she's another Whovian.
eshute likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search