First day of school

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone else have kids starting kindergarten this year? My baby boy is starting kindergarten tomorrow and I just wanna cry! He's gonna be gone like all day! I'm really gonna miss my little guy. I hope they're good to him at his school. I can not believe how fast he grew, now here he is starting school for the rest of his childhood in to his young adulthood! ok I'll stop being over dramatic now lol! Thanks for listening.

August 18th, 2013, 09:12 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Mine! I have a 1st grader and a kindergartener this year! I can't believe it!
Gen88 likes this.

August 19th, 2013, 01:03 AM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My daughter starts kindergarten next Wednesday. I'm right there with you!

August 19th, 2013, 05:17 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My oldest is starting kindergarten this year but we are homeschooling so I don't have the same emotions...luckily... I am still so emotional so I don't need any more!
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
August 19th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Super Mommy
School doesn't start here for another couple weeks, but I am already missing my biggest boy. I can't believe how long kindergarten is! I remember only going for half the day. I am so worried that he'll get off at the wrong bus stop, or that he won't eat his lunch, just silly stuff, really.
August 19th, 2013, 08:53 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
School starts here on the 26th so we have a little bit more time...Jaleigh will be in 1st grade this year. I was a wreck last year. This year I'm a little more in control of my emotions but still a little sad. She is already telling me that she doesn't need me to walk her to her classroom everyday like I did when she was in kindergarten.

August 20th, 2013, 06:49 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
My oldest is starting middle school. I am nervous for her and scared. The school is so big and it is 2 story (it used to be a high school campus that was recently changed to a 6th grade only campus). It is a new school district for her as well so she has to make friends which I know she will but so scary to leave the safety net of elementary school

~Kristin~
August 20th, 2013, 11:39 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
My oldest starts kindergarten next week. On days like today, I can't wait for her to go. She gets bored with just us and needs more educational stimulation. But next week I am sure I'll be a nervous wreck. I'm one to worry about the details too.
August 20th, 2013, 02:29 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCrafty View Post
My oldest starts kindergarten next week. On days like today, I can't wait for her to go. She gets bored with just us and needs more educational stimulation. But next week I am sure I'll be a nervous wreck. I'm one to worry about the details too.
It's only day 2 but Katelynn has been so much better in the behavior department since starting and leading up to it! I'm so glad we put her in early!

August 21st, 2013, 02:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's day 3 and Jordan is doing ok, hes starting to like school and told me he made a new friend today! How's your kindergarteners doing?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search