Where were you

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PurpleStar

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2013, 11:33 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
In your life 5 years ago?

August 22nd, 2013, 12:45 AM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was 28, living in Las Vegas, finished college, working in my chosen career, traveling the globe & was the healthiest & most fit of my life (at that point had lost 115pds over 2yrs). I also met DH at the end of my 28th year. It was a great time in my life. I miss it sometimes.

August 22nd, 2013, 02:49 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was starting my senior year of college.
August 22nd, 2013, 03:20 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was 20, working a crap job and had just met DD's dad..

#1, 4, 5, 7
August 22nd, 2013, 04:52 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
wedding prep! We will be married 5 years this October! I'm not sure if I should be saying "wow I can't believe it's been 5 years already!!" or "dam, it's only been 5 years?? Feels like 20!" HA HA! I also had just left the company DH and I met at and I had been working at for almost 5 years, and started working for a new company, small office full of a bunch of jackasses! lol Thank goodness I became a SAHM with Connor!!

August 22nd, 2013, 05:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was 34 with 2 sons aged 5 and 3, the eldest just starting k-garden. I just was named a partner at my law firm. I was planning DH's 40th b-day party. We were pretty sure our family was complete. We now learned that life needed Ellianna Love this crazy life.

August 22nd, 2013, 05:54 AM
mommyandwife08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was 20 and Dh and I had been married for a year. We were living in CA. My oldest son was about a month old, so we were just getting used to being parents. Crazy how fast the time goes!
DS #1 07/08
Miscarriage 01/28/09
DS #2 9/10
chemical pregnancy 06/12
DD #1 06/13

"I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32:27~
August 22nd, 2013, 08:10 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Almost exactly where I am now, as far as babies are concerned! Fiona was 6 months old 5 years ago.

A lot has changed though. We were living in Arizona and I was planning our wedding (we got married when Fiona was 11 months old), and still working as an admin in an office. We were just about to move into our first home. I was 23...so young!

August 22nd, 2013, 08:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was almost 20 and a new mommy to DS, he was 7 months old and we were preparing for a trip to California to visit our good friends that are like family!

August 22nd, 2013, 10:40 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I was 25, about to turn 26. Lily was 7 months old. I was finally getting out of my PPD funk. DH and I were starting to enjoy having such a happy little one (she was a bit of a surprise) because she was starting to talk already at that age. I was still working full time for a homebuilder before the market had crashed in our area. So much has changed in such a short time!
August 22nd, 2013, 11:05 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was almost 22. I had just graduated from a practical nursing program. No boyfriend at the time. I was working at an ok job and stressing about taking the NCLEX. So much has happened since then. It's crazy.

August 22nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was 22, married for 5 months, still basking in the awesome that was our honeymoon, and just starting my job as a para to an amazing kid.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
August 22nd, 2013, 12:58 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I was 26 years old. 7 months pregnant with my oldest. Been married for years years and living in our new home for a year.

August 22nd, 2013, 01:03 PM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
i was 24 waiting the arrival of our DS

August 22nd, 2013, 03:18 PM
Rochelle
I was 26. Had been married for 5 yrs, DD1 was 5 1/2 y/o and DS had JUST turned 1 y/o (bday was yesterday).

I'd quit my supervisor job at CVS 1 1/2 yrs prior and had been watching a friend's 1 yr old daughter for that long as well (full-time).

We lived in a single wide trailer that was falling to pieces and we wanted to buy a house sooo much but were stuck in a very bad financial situation. Thankfully, almost exactly 2 yrs later, we finally did buy our first home out in the country.

Also, at that time I ended a very bad "friendship" with someone who took great joy from bringing me down to bring herself up. THAT was a great decision.
August 22nd, 2013, 04:59 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
^ just realized I did the same thing 5 yrs ago for the same reason with someone I had known since kindergarten. I called it a "divorce". But it was one of the best decisions of my life...like a huge black cloud that had been suffocating me was lifted and I could breathe again.
4hearts likes this.

August 22nd, 2013, 06:41 PM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Graduating nursing school and going through a horrible divorce! !!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search