Sleeping thru the night

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Gen88
  • 2 Post By hannahgrace

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I see a lot of babies are sleeping thru the night already, so jelly btw lol anyway. I'm wondering are the babies sleeping thru the night, are they breast fed and do they sleep with you in the bed? Ariana sleeps with us. I plan on starting the transition to her crib when she's 4 months. She has been slepping for a long stretch for almost a month now which usually is from 1:30 until around 6. Are your Babies still sleeping a lot during the day? Ariana is, can't wait until she stays awake most of the day. Can't wait to hear your experiences btw Ariana got her ears pierced yesterday. I was soooo nervous but everything turned out fine and she looks so precious.

MamaSkunk likes this.

August 25th, 2013, 12:37 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
It doesn't sound like she's far off from STTN. The technical definition is sleeping a 5 hour stretch. Henry is breastfed, sleeping in our bed, and occasionally will do a 5 hour stretch. Pretty much every night last week was that long, but the last few nights he's back to waking every 3 hours. Oh and he sleeps some during the day. I still get a few cat naps in the morning and one long nap in the afternoon but only if he's being held.
August 25th, 2013, 01:50 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Emerson is formula fed.
She gets a 4 ounce bottle between 7-730 right after bathtime and she than sleeps in the fisher price rock n play in her own room - we don't co-sleep at all
there she will sleep until 6-7am

August 25th, 2013, 02:00 PM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
Ava is formula fed, sleeps little during the day will have a feed around 7pm and will then go in her crib awake around 7:30, and will sleep till around 6-7am

August 25th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ellianna sleeps through the night sometimes At least from 11 to 5. Often longer. She is exclusively breastfed. She sleeps in her crib,

August 25th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Arthur sleeps through the night 99% of the time. Most of the time he sleeps from 11-5, eats then sleeps 5:30/6-9:30. If he goes down later, he adjusts accordingly. He sleeps in his crib. He stays awake most of the day, if I'm lucky I'll get him to take a 2 hour nap, but usually it's just several cat naps.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
August 25th, 2013, 04:27 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow I'm so jealous too lol. Tristan takes a bottle around 10 pm usually about 4 to 5 oz but sometimes he will take a bit more and he then sleeps til around 2 am. Then wakes and eats again. Then again around 5 or 6 and eats again. Then sleeps til around 9 am and then he is UP. He will catnap around 11. Then he naps for 2 hours from 2-4. Then again he's awake til around 7 he will doze for a half hour then be up til 10:30.

August 25th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Conrad is EBF. He's usually wet when I go to bed around 10:30 or 10:45 so when I change him he wakes up. Then I feed him one last time so he doesn't wake up during the night. He'll sleep until 6 or 6:30. He sleeps swaddled in the pack n play next to our bed, but we'll be moving him to the nursery pretty soon.

This is new to me because my 2 year old didn't sleep through the night until about a month ago!! I paid my dues to the sleep gods. Soooo happy Conrad is a good sleeper! Part of me thinks he sleeps better because he doesn't get "good" naps during the day cuz there's always his brother yelling in his face "HIIII BABY!!!". Ha

August 25th, 2013, 05:49 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lena stays awake most of the day. She sleeps from roughly 11-7 at night in her crib in her room. She is EBF and generally nurses right before bed. She has been sleeping a little later the last week or so. I will see if that lasts.

August 25th, 2013, 06:02 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
oh yeah I will throw in there my 3 year old didn't sttn until he was over a year old so i feel ya on the no sleeping in the night thing
we got lucky with baby girl

August 25th, 2013, 06:18 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Morgan is not a good day napper at all. She rarely sleeps for longer than 30 minutes at a time, and only 2 or 3 times per day. On the bright side, she goes down for bed around 8pm and doesn't typically wake up until at least 4, sometimes later. She sleeps swaddled in her crib in her room. I have determined that swaddling is key to getting her to sttn.

August 25th, 2013, 09:34 PM
we are so lucky, Grace is breastfed and sleeps from 8:30pm until around 7am and she has done this since the day she was born...literally she has never woken up at night She was sleeping in her bassinet beside our bed, but tonight she is in her crib for the first time!!!
Our oldest daughter, Hannah who is now almost 7 was the same...she got up twice at night for the first 3 nights but after that she would sleep 12 hours straight. With her I could put her to bed at 7pm and she would get up at 7am...or if I wanted to sleep in, I could put her to bed at 9pm and she wouldn't get up until 9am we've been lucky!!!
hilachu and TeresaV like this.
August 25th, 2013, 10:10 PM
dmreed32's Avatar Veteran
Camden is formula fed. He eats 5-6 ounces between 9 and 10 usually. Sometimes 11 if we had a lot going on that day. I had been putting him still awake in his carseat and he would fidget for a few minutes before going to sleep. He will sleep til 7 or 8 am, eat and be back to bed within an hour for about 2 hours. That's his longest nap of the day, the one I am most comfortable getting things done during. He takes little 15-30 minute naps all day after feedings. Last night he slept all night in a pack n play so I'm trying the crib tonight

August 26th, 2013, 12:02 AM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Giana is 2mos, now FF taking 3ounces every 2.5-3hrs and nursed for her last (& first) feeding of the day (although currently am pumping b/c of what I believe is thrush). She sleeps in her PnP in my room from 1030/1130 pm until 7/8ish am. She has her awake/play times but still loves sleep. She'll take 1-2 good catnaps in the am & pm with a 4ish hour nap generally from 1230/1 - 4/5pm.

August 26th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok - our sleeping through the night last night was 9:00 pm to 3:00 a.m. That is more than 5 hours - although ugghhh. I was spoiled for two nights before that.

August 26th, 2013, 05:42 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Peyton is BF and sleeps in the pack n play next to me. She sort of splits the week and 3-4 nights will sleep from 8/9p-5a, it seems the later I keep her up, the longer she sleeps. The other 3-4 nights she will sleep from 8p-2a, then 2a-5/6a, then back down for another 2-3 hours.

August 26th, 2013, 10:34 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Aubrey is formula fed. She gets her bath at 7:45, reflux meds at 8, wait 30 minutes and she has her 4oz bottle at 8:30 and she is OUT! She sleeps until about 4am.

She sleeps in the rock n play next to our bed. she starts to fidget around 5:30am and I put her in the bed with me and during weekdays she sleeps until I get her up to get dressed and leave house at 7 or on weekends she will stay asleep with me until around 7-8.

She is not a set napper yet. Some days at daycare/weekends she will take a good long afternoon nap and other days it is just a bunch of cat naps. So ready for a good nap routine to happen so I can plan my days on the weekends with stuff I want to do while she sleeps.

~Kristin~
August 26th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I don't consider it STTN night since he still gets up once but he will sleep from 10pm-4/5am and then get up to eat and go back to sleep till around 7am. He is EBF.

August 26th, 2013, 01:02 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anna has been sleeping for anywhere between 6-8 hours at a stretch at night for a couple weeks. Last night she slept 11.5 hours. She was taking regular 2 hour naps during the day, but that has stopped now and her napping is pretty sporadic. I blame the teething. But since she's not sleeping much during the day, she's definitely sleeping longer at night.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search