Baths

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2013, 04:19 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
How do you bathe your baby? How often? Using what?

August 28th, 2013, 04:44 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bath time at our house is like a circus lol. The big kids usually bathe together because their bathtub is huge. I put Mckinley's baby bathtub in the floor right next to the bathtub. I wash her up while the big kids play then hand her off to DF so I can soap up everyone else.

She gets a bath every 2-3 days and we use aveeno baby products.

August 28th, 2013, 05:59 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anna LOVES her baths and unless she's had a really bad day and is asleep really early, she gets one every night. We don't use soap every night, though, because her skin is already dry. We've just been using Johnson & Johnson head to toe baby wash because we got a bunch of the sample packs at my baby shower and from people when she was born. She normally sleeps so much better if she gets her bath before bed.

August 28th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We put the baby bath in the bathtub and Arthur loves his baths. He's learned how to splash, so that makes it even more fun. We bathe him every 3-4 days, and we just use Johnson and Johnson head to toe wash.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
August 28th, 2013, 07:45 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Porter can't have "real" baths yet bc his belly button hasn't closed up. It's been cauterized with silver nitrate 3 times now. This last time the pediatrician said he has an umbilical granuloma, but that it should close up this time. If it hasn't closed up totally in a few more days he said we may need to go see a urologist to make sure it isn't his bladder sticking out. I think it looks better and more closed now, but it's hard to tell bc it's all black from the silver nitrate.

So, he gets sponge baths still. Every few days bc he isn't a fan. I think he will like real ones though and I can't wait until we can do it and make it part of our nightly routine!
August 28th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't bathe the twins as often as I should. When they stink it reminds me they need one lol! Usually every 4-5 days(horrible I know). We used Avenno 1st, now we have California baby and I have another natural wash free of parabens to try next to see which I like best. I put them in their mesh sling in the tub.

August 28th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Alex gets some cheap shampoo I found on sale at Big Lots. But I'm going to throw it out, I've noticed that his head takes on a mildew stink the next day. Rory gets this Aveeno oatmeal stuff for infants with delicate skin. It smells sooo good! We bathe them every other day.

LOL

Naw, we bathe them closer to every 2-3 days. I'm absolutely terrible with remembering when they last bathed. Sometimes they get every night, sometimes 3 days will go by. As long as they don't stink or look like trainwrecks I'm not too worried about it.

edit: Oh! We bathe Rory in a Puj Tub. I *love* to and really wish I had it with Alex. It's so cool, it has magnets on it that help shape it into a tub shape and then when you're done you unsnap it, it lays flat, you can wipe it off, and then hang it in the shower flat!

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Last edited by MerinSun; August 28th, 2013 at 07:50 PM.
August 28th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Super Mommy
i bathe hailey in the baby tub..i try to give her a bath every other day but sometimes we go 3 days in between if we are busy. it's easiest to give her a bath during the day then my son (20 months) a bath later. we use babyganics or aveeno. hailey girl loves her baths
August 28th, 2013, 09:19 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
John gets bathed in the kitchen sink. It gets done as often as I say "Good Lord, child, you smell weird." Maybe not quite as often as it should.

I use either homemade soap (I don't make it, a family we know does) or a good ol' bar of Ivory.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

August 28th, 2013, 09:38 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow I feel like the weird one out. I bathe DD every day. Right now Tristan "usually" gets bathed everyday unless its a hectic day then i skip a day. But he somehow gets messy if he isn't bathed every day. My little guy manages to get all these gross toe and finger lint balls and he sweats a lot in his sleep(even with the a/c on lol) I use Baby Magic Head to Toe cause I think it smells good. And I put him in his mesh bath seat in the bathtub and bathe him usually before or after DD.

August 28th, 2013, 09:48 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Giana gets bathed everyday - we use the kitchen sink but shes just about outgrown that and ready for her bathing chair in the tub. We use Aveno baby products. She loves bath time...super calming & relaxing for her.

August 28th, 2013, 10:18 PM
mommy220's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eva gets a bath in her tub in the kitchen sink. We have a little chair for the big tub but tried it and I killed my back bending over. She loves the bath! She oy gets one every 2-3 days though bc it's so hectic with dd at night! I think I am going to have to bathe her during the day now.

We use babyganics or dr bronners baby wash Castile soap. I always put a few drops if lavender essential oil too bc the soaps are unscented.

August 29th, 2013, 03:15 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
Ava goes in her baby bath and everyother day, she loves her bath which is wired cos DS hated it, we use johnsons products

August 29th, 2013, 03:53 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Henry gets bathed when we realize he stinks. Oops. We use one of those mesh slings in the kitchen sink. We have a super deep farmhouse sink, so we use it for baths until a year or so.
sunnydaze likes this.
August 29th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I bath Ellianna most nights in a tub that fits in our kitchen sink with Burt's Bee. She loves bath time. Sometimes she gets one in the morning if she is cranky (baths make crying stop) or in the case of a blow out.

My 10 year old showers in the morning and my 8 year old takes a bath at night - both are independent

August 29th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lilah gets a bath every 2-3 days....or whenever she starts to smell funky. Whatever comes first.

We do this all in the evening. It's like an assembly line. Lilah first, then whoever is drying her off/dressing her...the other gets Sebastian in the bath. Then whoever dressed lilah has to go and check on Alex and make sure he used sufficient amount of soap.

we put her baby bath in the bath tub and kneel infront of the bath. Its easiest because Sebastian goes in the bathtub next.

Once the kids are all in bed or asleep, DH and I play the game

"I need a shower because I sweated at work all day and I'm nasty"

and

"But I need to shower first because I was puked and peed on today and smell like urine and spoiled milk"

I usually win.

Oh and we use Lavender Baby wash or Baby Magic because i love it's scent. I also add baby oil to her bath water.

August 29th, 2013, 04:55 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
About 2-3 times a week. We have the blue plastic baby tub we fill and set on the counter. She LOVES her baths! She sits there and stares at herself in the mirror the whole time! LOL DH said "just like a girl!" ha ha
The last bath she started kicking and splashing some, so we may need to move from the counter into the big tub to contain water! We use the Aveeno baby wash, it's what we've used since Connor was born!

August 29th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Zack gets a bath twice a week. I use a baby tub inside our big tub. I use J&J shampoo and pink body wash. The girls get one once a week (bad I know) in the big tub. I use J&J shampoo on Hailey and the pink body wash on both of them. Madison gets kids shampoo and adult conditioner.

August 30th, 2013, 09:35 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Aubrey gets a bath everyday. I just have to bathe her because I feel dirty if she doesn't get one. She loves her baths!

It's part of our nightime routine as well. It's like she knows 7:45pm is coming and that bath is coming because she gets a little cranky and then we take her clothes off and she knows nekkid time is bath time and she gets all quiet and looks for the tub. We use the mesh tub in the kitchen sink. I will move her to the baby bath inside the big tub once she outgrows the mesh tubs.

I use J&J lavendar wash for the body and Aveeno oatmeal shampoo. And then Aveeno oatmeal lotion. And she gets in her zippered PJ's and we snuggle

~Kristin~
August 30th, 2013, 10:24 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just want to clarify that McKinley is the only one that goes 2-3 between baths. My older kids get baths every night because they are gross sweaty smelly kids
Kim3 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search