Swaddling

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole
  • 2 Post By Hopeful2BMommy
  • 1 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By Karen78
  • 1 Post By PregnantAtLast

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Veteran
Anyone else still swaddling besides me? I'm just curious. My sweet baby boy loves to be held so the only way I can get him to stay asleep more than 10 minutes when I put him down is to swaddle in the miracle blanket (the name is truly fitting for me!).. My sitter today told me he always wants to be held and I said, yep that's my baby! .

I asked the pediatrician at his 2 month check how long I could swaddle and all he said was for awhile yet, any idea what awhile means? Seems to be a wide range of opinion when I googled it.

August 29th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still swaddle Finn...he can't sleep otherwise. He's starting to resist being swaddled though, so I've tried not doing it, but he always wakes up within 15 minutes of being put down. He still startles himself awake. I'm not sure exactly when that startle reflex goes away, but I guess that's when we'll stop swaddling.
Brie289 likes this.

August 29th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I swaddle every.single.time! I dread the day I can't swaddle him.
Brie289 and TeresaV like this.
August 29th, 2013, 06:20 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful2BMommy View Post
I swaddle every.single.time! I dread the day I can't swaddle him.
This!

Morgan also hates being swaddled, so I have the SwaddleMe laid out in her crib. After she falls asleep nursing I gently lay her in the swaddler and can typically wrap her up without waking her. She will most certainly not sleep more than 10 minutes otherwise.

I think the most popular opinion I have seen is to stop swaddling when baby can roll over.
Brie289 likes this.

August 29th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaV View Post

I have the SwaddleMe laid out in her crib. After she falls asleep nursing I gently lay her in the swaddler and can typically wrap her up without waking her.
That's exactly what I do. I can also do it if he's really drowsy but not quite asleep. He sleeps through the night, so I'm dreading the day when I can't swaddle him anymore! I know he'll start waking up a ton!
Brie289 likes this.

August 30th, 2013, 02:34 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
Ava is so unsettled if i dont swaddle, her swaddle blankets are 3-6 months so we have a while yet!
Brie289 likes this.

August 30th, 2013, 07:02 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I swaddled Abri until she was 8 months old and outgrew the length of the swaddle blankets.
August 30th, 2013, 08:22 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tristan is already rolling over so i can't swaddle him anymore. I tried one night and he rolled over and was face down in the pack n play. Scared the crap out of me we haven't swaddled since.

August 30th, 2013, 08:52 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
McKinley HATES to be swaddled. She prefers to sleep all sprawled out with her arms above her head. She only wakes up once at night though so its not a problem for us.

I swaddled Kiefer until he was 6 or 7 months old because it was the only way he would sleep and he absolutely loved it. For the record, I stopped swaddling only because he started pulling up on furniture at 7 months old and I felt ridiculous swaddling a child who could do that...otherwise, he would probably still have me swaddle him because he still loves to be all wrapped up lol

August 30th, 2013, 11:09 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We stopped swaddling Henry at 2 weeks. He was too tiny for the swaddleme blanket but kept busting out of a regular blanket. Now that he's big enough for the swaddleme, he gets angry if we put him in. He prefers to be held tightly when sleeping instead.
August 30th, 2013, 02:22 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We still swaddle Anna because she won't sleep more than 10 minutes if we don't. She wiggles everywhere. She's not rolling over yet, but when she starts rolling over we'll stop swaddling. It's going to be a sad, sad, sad day (week, month).

August 30th, 2013, 07:52 PM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still swaddle Grayson. He usually busts out at some point during the night, but it is enough to get him to fall asleep.

August 31st, 2013, 03:03 AM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
I swaddle but just in a regular blanket. I don't have any special blankets so she can break out of them if she really wants to.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
August 31st, 2013, 06:53 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I stopped swaddling about a month ago. Now he just sleeps with his arms up by his head. He sleeps 10-4 every night so we are good there. He does like being wrapped up in his blanket for cuddles for one of his naps during the day though.

September 1st, 2013, 12:12 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we bought "swaddle me" swaddlers as Babies R Us had a great deal on them and we used one ONCE but realized that we couldn't buckle Trey in his swing at night and each time it moved he would start to slide out. And now his mid section (belly) is too big that it doesn't go passed his chest so his arms won't fit in them. Plus it still in the triple digit temperatures here in Texas, we have had no need to put him in them since it is so hot. Waste of money for us really

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search