New baby skills

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 29th, 2013, 06:24 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So what new things has your baby/babies starting doing this week?

Morgan has just started having a screaming fit every night around 7:00.

August 29th, 2013, 06:36 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Trey has learned to grab his feet while sitting up, roll from tummy to back and punch my boobs until he gets a let down lol

August 30th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
G seems to seeing much better, he makes eye contact from farther away now! Also, he's being ridiculously cute with his smiles and facial expressions.

August 30th, 2013, 10:14 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
McKinley has started following people with her whole head instead of just her eyes. She is also recognizing her big brother and sister's voices too. It is absolutely heart melting when she hears them and starts craning her head/neck around to be able to see them.

I feel like we are a bit behind on this aspect but I also know every baby is different and I'm definitely not trying to rush any physical milestones since she is my last baby...she is finally getting better about tummy time. For the longest time she would just refuse to even try to lift her head up or when she did she would lift her upper body but would tuck her chin down towards her chest instead of looking up. Now she will lift her head and look at me if I'm laying in front of her. It doesn't last long but definitely an improvement!

August 30th, 2013, 11:05 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Henry is smiling and cooing at others instead of just me. He also recognizes DH's voice and turns to look and smile at him.
August 30th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Arthur has taken an interest in toys! I sat him (with blankets and books under his feet) in his jumperoo, and instead of sitting there, he started playing with the monkey toy. He's never done that before!

He also apparently has started to recognize voices other than mine and DH's...the sad thing is, it's Wayne Brady and Drew Carey. I sat him in my room with Let's Make a Deal while I took a shower, and he sat there and babbled at Wayne Brady the whole time. *sigh* I guess I'm creating a monster with our morning routine. LOL

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
August 30th, 2013, 02:09 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anna let out a squeal yesterday. She was just hanging out with her dad and all of a sudden she squealed. haha. I was totally shocked. She's smiling a ton and it just melts my heart every time. I feel like she might be a little behind on stuff like rolling over, but I know she'll get there. She follows things with her eyes as well as her head, she tries to bat at her toys, etc, so I know she's doing just fine.

August 30th, 2013, 03:07 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post

He also apparently has started to recognize voices other than mine and DH's...the sad thing is, it's Wayne Brady and Drew Carey. I sat him in my room with Let's Make a Deal while I took a shower, and he sat there and babbled at Wayne Brady the whole time. *sigh* I guess I'm creating a monster with our morning routine. LOL
LOL! Glad I'm not the only one who watches Let's Make a Deal. My girls love it
beatlechicksteph likes this.
August 31st, 2013, 01:09 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Emerson has found her feet, in that she now will kick at things while sitting in her bouncy chair - tries to kick at the thing hanging over it, tries to kick at a toy i will put in front of her, tries to kick at her brother =)

we also got a full on laugh out of her today, sweetest thing ever

August 31st, 2013, 02:52 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tristans new thing is he keeps trying to sit up on his own. He tried the other day at his Dr appt he tried and got halfway up before falling back down and now he keeps trying daily to sit up. He gets about halfway and once or twice he got 3/4 of the way up before falling back onto his back. It definitely is freaking me out!!

September 1st, 2013, 05:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lilah likes to "talk". We go back and forth in our conversations. She works so hard to get the sounds out and then looks excited when she does.

All she wants to do is stand on my thighs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search