Monday roll call

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ashleykathleen
  • 1 Post By jhmomofmany

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2013, 12:41 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
It's that time for our weekly check in!

How is everyone?
What's your favorite part about being a mommy?

September 2nd, 2013, 02:02 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm here!!
I'm doing good. Everything is great with Madeline. We have to go back to the dr. This week to check up since they put her on more meds for reflux. She's on reglan and zantac now. poor baby :-(....

My favorite part about being a mommy is just being with them each day and giving them so much love and having them give it right back. I love how they love unconditionally just like I love them.

Its the little things that melt my heart....mason singing to me last night. The random I love you mom from my older boys...I love story time at night and movie time with my older ones. I love getting in the kitchen and involving them to cook I love being a mommy so much. I know I'm not a perfect mom but I just pray that I don't mess up too much raising them. As long as there's lots of love I think that everything will turn out just fine

September 2nd, 2013, 02:03 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
im here.

the best part of being a mummy, the cuddles and my son saying "i love you mummy"

September 2nd, 2013, 03:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are doing pretty well. I think we will be getting into a real routine. This summer was very hectic with two boys and a newborn. On top of that, DH's father was on home hospice with all the kids providing 24/7 care. He passed away a week ago yesterday. While it is sad it is a blessing as he was suffering. The funeral was on Saturday. Ellianna's Christening was yesterday. The kids went back to school last Wednesday. Soccer and swimming also started for them last week. I think starting Tuesday we will be getting into a routine. That will be good.

For me, I just love it when she falls asleep on my chest and I can just stare at her little face. She looks so content. It is hard to put her down. I just want to keep kissing her head. Oh yeah - and yesterday. Most kids cry during their Christening (including my first two). Ellianna actually gave us all her big smiles. She even smiled when the pastor held her. It was precious to see such a sweet face receive the blessings of God.

Last edited by Kim3; September 2nd, 2013 at 03:24 AM.
September 2nd, 2013, 05:00 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm here! We are doing good. I go back to work tomorrow so I'm not looking forward to that but I do feel blessed that I got to spend all summer with my munchkins.

My favorite part about being a mom is getting to unleash my inner child. I know that sounds trivial compared to all the big "raising a human being/endless love" answers out there but I have my reasons...I absolutely love getting down on the floor and playing with my kids. I love playing by their rules (it's the only time the elephants bark like dogs and cats have bears for babies). It is an absolute joy to not only let their imaginations run wild, but to encourage it.
Kim3 likes this.

September 2nd, 2013, 05:41 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm here. We're doing pretty well. Lillie starts school this week, so we're all looking forward to that, especially her.

My favorite part is being the one they run to when anything happens and they need comfort. For example, we had my sil and her kids over for dinner yesterday and when they were getting ready to leave, my nephew who is 3 decided he didn't want to leave and when Lillie tried to hug him bye, he flipped out and pushed her away, which really hurt her feelings. She is a very sensitive and caring little girl and she was devastated. She cried and cried for 10 minutes. But when she ran to me crying and curled up in my lap, she calmed down and I love being the one who calms my babies.

#1, 4, 5, 7
September 2nd, 2013, 10:05 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I'm here! Doing OK...

Right now my favorite part of being a mommy is nursing John... after months of struggling and pumping, it's such a sweet joy to have him at the breast.
Kim3 likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

September 2nd, 2013, 11:47 AM
Super Mommy
i'm here!

best part about being a mom is watching them learn and of course all the hugs and kisses!
September 2nd, 2013, 12:50 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is everyone? Besides TRYING to have a great family labor day BBQ and my mother snapping at me (at a joke I made) in front of everyone and making me feel like crap.....I am doing my best. I have a headache and I am tired.
What's your favorite part about being a mommy? My favorite part is watching the "firsts" and listening to the giggles and seeing the smiles and snuggling with my baby

September 2nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hola ~ we are here

Doing good...been missing my babe. I only have a few more weeks here on the mainland and its starting feel like my happy baby bubble is disintegrating. Soon I'll be back on Maui and going back to work. One thing im looking forward to is being with DH and getting down with some much needed wild monkey sex!! Lol ;-) We are seriously pent up!

These days Giana is just a lil sponge and its so fun to watch her learn her environment. But one thing I love is her bed time, when it quiet and calm and I'm soothing her to sleep, she always falls asleep curled into my chest with her hand over my heart. I like to think she remembers the sound of my heart but from the time when I carried her inside me

*A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my super fantastic siggy!!*

September 2nd, 2013, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm here! We're doing great, despite being stuck inside due to extreme heat and rain.

My favorite part of being a mom is watching Arthur grow and learn and change from day to day. I love our little conversations, and playing together, and our little routines we're starting to get into.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
September 2nd, 2013, 02:37 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
How is everyone? doing ok
What's your favorite part about being a mommy?making my babies happy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search