Gtky 9/3

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MamaSkunk

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2013, 10:14 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
How long were you married/together before you had kids? How long did it take you to conceive?

September 2nd, 2013, 10:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How long were you married/together before you had kids? How long did it take you to conceive?

A little under 4 years.
Over a year, with 2 losses including the ruptured ectopic. I was pretty shocked when G was conceived so quickly.

September 2nd, 2013, 10:47 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were together 12 years before Jade was conceived. Several losses happened before her that are hard for me to talk about. I had all but given up almost but I finally broke down and prayed. Like really and truely prayed for God to please grant me with a baby. I even promised he or she would be baptised etc. 2 weeks later I missed my period. She was ironically conceived on my late MILs bday and my due date was on my late FILs bday. And my little miracle clung on in there. I swear her angel grandma and great grandma held onto her to keep her in there. I was completely and utterly shockedand mmind blown when we conceived Tristan on the first try. First month of trying and bam. God is good.
Kim3 and MarylandMama like this.

September 3rd, 2013, 02:28 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
God is good!!!!

Got preggo with mason while engaged.

September 3rd, 2013, 06:18 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

We were together for 6 months before I got pregnant. We got pregnant on the first try.

#1, 4, 5, 7
September 3rd, 2013, 07:26 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were together for 3 years before Fiona was born - we had planned to get engaged, but when we found out we were pregnant, we decided to wait to officially get engaged until after she was born so people wouldn't think that was the reason for the engagement. We got married when she was 11 months old.

We weren't trying to conceive...Fiona was our oops/miracle baby. With all the menstrual issues I had growing up, I'd been told that it would be very difficult - if not impossible - for me to conceive without assistance. Finn was planned and took us a little less than a year of trying without any fertility treatments.

September 3rd, 2013, 07:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We were married for 4.5 years before conceiving Arthur (almost 9 years of being together though). It took us 3 months to get pregnant

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
September 3rd, 2013, 08:22 AM
PurpleStar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH was BF at the time & were together 8mos when we conceived DS.

We were not trying and using several preventative methods, but apparently the universe had other plans for us

DH & I were together almost 4yrs when we found out we were pregnant again. Giana was not planned either...we were talking about maybe a second but in another year or so since I had just started a new job and then BAM! The cycle she was conceived we purposefully abstained from fertile time, but DH was crazy busy at work and never home so sex was nonexistent anyways...We still totally scratch our heads with her and we she was possibly conceived! Lol!!

They are our best gifts ever.

Last edited by PurpleStar; September 3rd, 2013 at 08:32 AM.
September 3rd, 2013, 08:46 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
we were married for 5 years before we got pregnant with daniel, but had been trying before then so 6.5 years ttc dan and 3.5 ttv Ava, we were married 9 years when we got pregnant with Ava

September 3rd, 2013, 09:05 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were together about 1.5yrs before I got pregnant for the first time. We were not trying at all (we were using several types of contraceptives so I'm still baffled as to how it happened). Kiefer was an oopsie as well.

McKinley is the only one we actually tried for. We tried off and on (due to 2 miscarriages) for 9 months before we finally got our sticky bean...god indeed works in mysterious ways.

September 3rd, 2013, 08:08 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
DH were married 4 years before conceiving and had been together five years before that, so 9 total
took us about 14 months to get pregnant (had a loss part way through) with DS
took only 2 months with DD

September 5th, 2013, 08:13 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
DH and I were together 7 years and married for 2 years when Lily was born. She was a surprise. We had a little too much to drink one night when she was conceived. We had another surprise that ended in a miscarriage, but Abri and Henry we planned. Both of them were conceived immediately too.
September 5th, 2013, 12:52 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Kyle and I were together 3 years married for 1 month when I got pregnant with David. Katelynn was born 18 months after David. Everett was our only planned baby after we had been married 5 years and Payson we have been married for 7.

September 5th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We were together a little over a year when I got pregnant with kiley. My now dh had told me he wanted to marry me and really wanted a baby so we tried it and boom 1st time...not sure if I was truly ready but hey I was 25! We got married when dd was 17 months. We had been married for 2.5 years together for almost 6 when I got pregnant with the twins. We had been trying for 11 months with a miscarriage inbetween.

September 6th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
We were together for 11 year, married almost 2 years before we got pg with Madison. We had 2 m/c's within that two years, one happened 4 months after we got married. We had fertility issues trying to conceive her. Hailey and Zack were both conceived the first month of really ttc not just ntnp.

September 6th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My dh and I were good friends since I was 20. In fact, I was dating another person and dh took me out for my 21st birthday (my BF was several months younger and couldn't take me). A year later, DH and I were dating. Got married 3 1/2 years later. So DH and I were friends for 8 years, married for 3 when I got pg with our first.

We tried for about 10 months with our first with a early loss during that time. Tried for about 4 months for our second. Tried (well - perhaps didn't try) for Ellianna. God is exceedingly wonderful though - what would I do without any one of my three kiddos.

September 6th, 2013, 08:28 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I were together for about 4.5 years, married for just over 2 when we started TTC. It took us 3 months to get pg the first time, but that ended in a m/c. We got pregnant with Anna the first try the next month. We were married a little over 5 yrs when we started trying for Lena and got pg the first month we tried.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search