Working moms

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2013, 08:11 AM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How's it going?

We are doing better than expected with Lena. The babysitter we had arranged decided to be gone the first 3 weeks we needed her (even though she knew when that would be long ago), but the girl we got to fill in decided to stay on permanently. AND she comes to our house, so I don't have to pack a bag for her every day and drive Lena to a different place after taking Anna to preschool and before going to work. It's costing a bit more, but worth it.

Anna is having a tough time, though. She loves school but is struggling with not seeing me. I don't get home until 7 when I work and she has to go to bed at 7:30 to wake up for school in the morning. I only work T-W-Th, but 3 days is enough that she is really having a hard time after being with me all day, every day for 3 months. I'm hoping things get better.

I am super sad leaving my girls in the morning, but make the most of the time I do have. I am working in changing some things up to be home earlier, but that will take at least a few months to work out.

How is everyone else making it?

September 4th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Mrs_lynn.c's Avatar Expecting#5
Im trying to go back to work but due to not having a sitter for the two not in school its not happend yet.
September 4th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Pretty much like you - good and not so good.

My boys are back in school, so I get Elli up at 7 to nurse and snuggle until 7:30. I then leave to take my boys to school and get to work. Get to work at 8:15 and work until 4:30 (although I should really be here until at least 5:30). It is a 30 minute drive to get Ellianna from my Mom's house. I then nurse her and drive home (short drive). At night, the boys have swimming and soccer and homework. Do this while watching Ellianna and then begin her nighttime routine at 8:00. And now I am supposed to try 3 cases in 2 months (all major and 1 out of town ) so I am stressed trying to balance. I feel so pulled from Ellianna - although she does great with Grandma.

And I write this as I pump

September 7th, 2013, 03:59 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Doing okay. Right now I'm working part time (total of 40 hours every two weeks) so it's not too bad. My mom watches Anna if SO isn't working an opposite shift. I think it helps to have her watching the baby and not a babysitter. I get up at 4am and have to be to work by 5am, so Anna is still sleeping then. I hate not being able to hug and kiss her before I leave, but I put my hand on her belly and whisper to her. The best part of going to work at 5am is getting off at 1:30 and sometimes earlier if everything is done. So I get to spend the whole afternoon with her. She normally doesn't really get up for the day until 9-930 so I'm really only missing 4.5 hours. I get home and I get all the smiles and happy afternoon playtime. I miss her for those 8 hours, though. Even though I know half of that time she'd be sleeping anyhow.

Man, I have the gift of internet typing gab, don't I? In other words - it's going better than expected.

September 13th, 2013, 09:30 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
It is going pretty good on my end.
I have been back for a full month now and Aubrey is doing great at daycare. I really like the staff in her room and she is always clean and I haven't had any issues yet. (and I better not or they will see a crazy mama!)

My older girls started school on the 3rd so it has been pure chaos at home trying to get the routines down for one kid in elementary and the other in middle school and buses not running on time and me driving like a crazed maniac to get to work on time.

But I just love seeing Aubrey in the evenings and she is becoming so much more interactive and laughing. She loves the baby development channel on DirecTV. I can feed her when I get home and then put her in the vibrating rocker and she watches it and coos and laughs sometimes. Then I can cook dinner and check homework and try to find 5 minutes of alone time. Usually in the bathroom lol

~Kristin~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search