Formula paid for through insurance. This is great!!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2013, 01:54 PM
bobbiejo1982's Avatar Super Mommy
Just found out something really cool the other day thanks to a friend of mine posting this link for me. I have to share. If your baby has to use a special formula due to a medical reason your insurance could help pay for it. I have to use a special kind called Neosure because Jackson was a preemie and is low weight. My doctor wrote a prescription for me and I went through a medical supply company called Corum formally apria (Home). Well instead of paying $17 a can I have a Co-pay and it is $6.85 a can. This is great esp. when a can lasts only 3-4 days. And they ship it free right to your house in a few days. If anyone needs some info or help doing this let me know. I am sooo thankful!!!

Formula or Pediasure PAID for by INSURANCE! - BabyCenter

Haven't been on the boards latley. So busy I miss it and hope to catch up with you all soon!!
September 4th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to have to look into this. But I don't know if I could get a script simply because she is colicky?

September 4th, 2013, 06:58 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
someone suggested this to me but havent looked into it
what steps did you take?
Emerson has to have Enfamil's Nutramegen which is a hypo-allergenic formula and is wicked expensive with no generic available

so my DME coverage is 50% coinsurance - which I'm assuming I pay half, they pay half
I looked at the website you posted and didn't see baby formula anywhere?

Last edited by hilachu; September 4th, 2013 at 07:08 PM.
September 5th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Sunnydaze It's worth looking into. What formula do you use? You can ask your doctor if they can write something for you. Talk to Apria.
September 5th, 2013, 09:16 AM
hilachu
Call apria (Corum)and talk to them. 1-800-277-4288 I think it is option 3. They will tell you what the need for information from your doctor. Then have your doctor fax them what is needed. They will do all the leg work and contact your insurance and find out. It only took them a day with me. I hope it works for you. Let me know if you need any help.
September 6th, 2013, 06:48 PM
awesome! Thank you!
I'll call on Monday

September 9th, 2013, 07:28 PM
well i called my health insurance to see what they said
the guy was a complete d**ch*
first they said its only covered under DME - which they only cover it under that if the child has to be fed by a tube
than they said oral feeding would be under prescription under my tier 3 prescription coverage which is $35 for a month supply but he made sure to tell me they never cover formula
boy do i dislike my insurance company (they are nasty and always give me issues over the phone)

September 10th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilachu View Post
well i called my health insurance to see what they said
the guy was a complete d**ch*
first they said its only covered under DME - which they only cover it under that if the child has to be fed by a tube
than they said oral feeding would be under prescription under my tier 3 prescription coverage which is $35 for a month supply but he made sure to tell me they never cover formula
boy do i dislike my insurance company (they are nasty and always give me issues over the phone)
I was told to not even bother to call my insurance company and to just let Apria do thta and the legwork. Seems like sometimes the people at the insurance don't always know. I would try talking to APRIA first before giving up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search