3 things you are looking forward to doing

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 2 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 2 Post By shen7

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What are three things you are looking forward to doing with your ds or dd?

1) I had some PBK rewards I had to use so I just got Ellianna a kitchen set that I am putting away for her first birthday. I want to get her a tea set and some cute little dish towels. I cannot wait to play kitchen and tea party with her. Just thinking of what fun it will be to spend an afternoon baking real cookies and then playing with her kitchen set. One of the best parts of having children is getting to be a kid again and play. I have memories of spending many the afternoon building Thomas Tracks around the house - we could make those trains travel everywhere.

2) I cannot wait to take Elli to her first "princess luncheon" at Disney. I know it is a ways off. We generally take our boys to Disney once a year. I always watched with awww at the Moms taking their daughters all dressed up to lunch with the princesses. Now I will get to do that

3) I cannot wait to take Ellianna to her fist dance lesson. Just thinking of her in her leotard trying to do the dance steps. If she has my coordination (or lack thereof) she is likely to end up on the floor a lot. Will love it anywhere.

Ohhh - and I have to add one more. I am in no hurry for her to grow up. However, I love when they transition into a bed and you can just lay down with them at night and cuddle up. There is something so sweet about snuggling up on a fall afternoon while watching a movie. The other night all three of my kiddos were in my bed with me watching a show and it was one of the best feelings.
Mom2LillieAidan likes this.

September 8th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1) Watching the Original Star Wars Trilogy with him for the first time.

2) Reading Harry Potter together

3) Playing imagination based games and scenarios
Mom2LillieAidan and Kim3 like this.

Thank you Vicki.. for the beautiful siggy
September 8th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1) hearing him tell jokes and laugh at my jokes
2) being able to have an intellectual conversation and have him explain to me something interesting he's learned at school or wherever
3) I'm really looking forward to doing fun science nerd stuff with my kids when they are school age. Like:
- have an aquarium and have them learn with me how to measure and maintain the water quality, keep a little ecosystem of fish and snails and plants and stuff and understand how they all work...
- growing those salt crystal gardens, making baking soda + vinegar volcanoes, etc
- building kits like lego robots or remote controlled cars or radios

It will be awesome
Mom2LillieAidan and Kim3 like this.

September 9th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen7 View Post
1) hearing him tell jokes and laugh at my jokes
It will be awesome
Kids jokes are the funniest - just cause they are not funny It is cute to watch them think of one.

September 9th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm looking forward to hearing his precious voice saying "Mommy" for the first time.

The rest I can wait on. Haha. I just want to keep him as small as possible. Even though that's not happening. He is already weighing 14.5#. And wearing 9mo clothing. Ahh!!
September 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post

Kids jokes are the funniest - just cause they are not funny It is cute to watch them think of one.
Yes! DH has had to ask me what Lily is talking about when telling a joke. He had no idea that's what she was doing.

I am looking forward to hearing his voice- more than just the cooing.

I am looking forward to seeing how his personality emerges
September 9th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
1: I can't wait till he can give kisses back.

2: I can't wait to put him in T-ball or any other little league sport.

3: I can't wait to hear how his voice is going to sound.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search