Scared mom moment

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By TeresaV
  • 1 Post By QueenCrafty
  • 1 Post By sunnydaze
  • 1 Post By MamaSkunk
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By overlinmommy17

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2013, 08:54 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last night I had my first scared poo-less mom moment. Heart pounding panic.Terrified out of my mind. Stomach dropping heart in throat MOMent. My DD has been sneaking outside into the yard to play and not listening very well lately. I think its an almost 3 thing. So I have been keeping the doors locked. Well then she figured out how to unlock them so that didn't work anymore so its been CONSTANT vigilance! Last night I was changing tristans diaper when my DH comes and asks me how long it will be before we leave? 5 minutes. I say. Then he tells me...."well jade snuck outside and isn't listening to me and won't come back inside." I heard nothing else. He said nothing else!!! So I thought well **** obviously I'm gonna have to go get her. So I stick little man in the crib and go outside....I don't see her anywhere. She is GONE!! I started screaming her name and her nickname and no answer. Silence. I open the door and see hubby downstairs in the basement and ask him if she's with him. No he says!! So in a panic I am screaming for her. Looking up and down the street trying to decide which way she could have headed(did I mention I tore a ligament in my ankle a few days ago and can't run but just slowly hobble?) Then I hear her. Fine! I coming mommy! And out she comes from the very back of our large yard behind the shed. Scared the crap out of me I grabbed her and just yanked her into the house and went crazy screaming mom on her. And then I turned my fear inspired wrath on my hubby...the real one at fault! I was like how dare you leave her alone she could have wandered down the streets etc and I had no idea where she was!! And he proceeded to tell me F. You!!! He claimed he told me she was behind the shed and he claimed that "she wasn't listening to him" that he "asked her to come back inside" and when she didn't he told her "your mom is gonna be mad" Um and then he just walked inside and left her alone?!?!?!?! I do not give a rats *** if you "asked" her and she didn't listen. Tell her!! And don't leave her alone!!! He could have opened the back door and yelled for me to come help and stayed out there with her!! She is 2!!!!!! Ofcourse she iisn't going to always listen!!! I am still so mad at him I seriously want to punch him right in his idiot head!!

September 15th, 2013, 09:56 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Holy crap I would have been pissed!!!! DH would have a permanent place in the doghouse. Since when is a child the boss?
MamaSkunk likes this.

September 15th, 2013, 09:56 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Oh I would have been so pissed if my DH had done that!!! Things can go wrong in a matter of minutes. I agree with you that he should have never left her alone outside. I'm very glad that she is okay though.
MamaSkunk likes this.
September 15th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When Fiona was that age, I had almost the same thing happen, and it's terrifying.

She was playing quietly in the living room, and DH came in from the garage and asked me if I could help him with something for a few minutes. So I was out in the garage for about 10 minutes before I said I had to go check on Fiona. I went in, and saw the front door wide open. Trying not to panic, I started walking around the house calling her name. Told DH what was going on, and started running up and down the street calling for her. We noticed that UPS had dropped off a package - apparently they rang the doorbell and that's why Fiona opened The door. So DH told me to call UPS to see if the driver had seen anything, and he was going to get in the car and drive over to the park a block away to see if she'd gone there. By this time I was hysterical and John practically had to shake me and tell me to pull myself together. We were just about to call the police when Fiona popped up from under a pile of blankets on the couch, rubbing her eyes and complaining that we woke her up from her nap.

Those ten minutes were the scariest of my life. Doesn't matter if she was right there all along. The fear of losing her was so, so terrible. So I know exactly how you feel. In glad everything turned out alright for you.

September 15th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I am so sorry hon. I had a similar moment with Madison who is 4. We were searching everywhere screaming her name and the whole time she was in the car in her car seat. She had gotten in the car and had pulled the door almost shut and we had no idea. Scariest moment of my life.

September 15th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sebastian was/is an escape artist. He had to install chain locks on the tops of the big doors so he couldn't reach them. We also screwed screws into the window jamb (sp?) so the windows will only open 6 inches because he would crawl out of the windows.

We drill and drill into his head that he can't open the door for anyone ever. Once I locked myself out and him in and was banging on the door for 5 minutes trying to get him to let me in, and he refused to open the door.
MamaSkunk likes this.

September 15th, 2013, 09:18 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh jeez Tania the one time he listened huh?!
sunnydaze likes this.

September 16th, 2013, 12:30 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I would be livid at DH! How scary!!
MamaSkunk likes this.

September 16th, 2013, 04:52 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh my gosh. I would be crazy mad at my DH . You have EVERY RIGHT to go off on him! Good grief.
MamaSkunk likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search