8 things you can't do once you have kids

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kim3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2013, 12:14 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
8 Things You Can

Do you have anything to add?

September 16th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup. Especially#4 for me. I realized how used i am to the bathroom door always being open and people coming in to talk to me during it when my in-laws came over and it didn't even enter my head to close the door until I was already down, lol.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

September 16th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I disagree with wearing white. I cannot wear dark clothes due to spit up. White spit on black is terrible. It kinda blends with white.
shen7 and MamaSkunk like this.

September 16th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
There are things I can do now...things that used to gross me out.

Nasty textures...I can touch them. Boogers...poo and vomit...no problem. You pee on me and I wont freak out. Well, YOU can't, but a kid can. Before? Vomit.

However, I did step on a slug barefoot last week, and screamed like I was shot for like 30 seconds.

I no longer sleep deeply. Do any of you BTDT moms remember the deep uninterupted sleep that lasted like 10-12 hours. No waking up and rolling around. Just cralw in your covers and lay there and sleep like the dead? I could sleep through any amount of noise.

First night home with Alex, and I never had that sleep again. Unless I was deliriously sick with fever and flu...and that doesn't count.

Now? Every tiny sound has me at least half awake and aware.

September 16th, 2013, 09:28 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
This is totally a downer. It's true that I always have someone busting into the bathroom on me, but not that big of a deal. I've managed to wear white jeans with kids no problem. It was my husband that spilled red wine on them that ruined them.
September 16th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Most of these are true but I don't miss them anyway. Crappy TV marathons? Last call at the bar? Who cares??

My thing to add is, cashmere and chunky knit sweaters and cardigans, or anything that needs special laundering or hand washing. My wardrobe now solely consists of things that can be washed hot and dried in the dryer on low. No time for special treatment. And everything gets spat up on or dirt/food/barf/whatever on it so it needs to stand up to heavy washing.

September 16th, 2013, 10:25 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I disagree with wearing white...I have to wait until I'm almost out the door before putting on my black dress pants cause spit up and black do not mix.

I would like to add daytime quickies to the list. Impossible at our house now that J does not nap...unless we make a plan to meet each other at the house for lunch during the week. Can't even shut ourselves in the bathroom for a quickie anymore because that closed bathroom door is an invitation for everyone in the house to come knocking/whining/crying/etc.

September 16th, 2013, 02:42 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I don't buy white not because of the baby, but because our water is so hard things go dingy within a couple of washes even with whiteners. Bars and TV shows I do not miss at all. I find I get more time to read when I have to sit to nurse the baby throughout the day.

Quickies are a thing of the past. No matter how casually I walk out of that room, I feel like what we were up to is obvious. And when you have older kids that can guess what was going on... talk about uncomfortable.

I'd also add an uninterrupted meal. Nothing makes Baby hungry like the sound of Mommy sitting down to eat!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search