Qhantity of bm

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By beatlechicksteph

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2013, 03:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Now that I am back working full time, much of Ellianna's feedings are expressed bm in a bottle. Many nights she sleeps through, so I nurse her at 7:00 a.m., 5:15 p.m., and then 2 more time before bed (so about 4 feedings, although 2 are close in time.) Yesterday, in addition to the 4 nursings, she drank 20-22 ounces of bm. My Mom (who watches her) said she was super hungry. In the morning, I am huge, so I pump 6 ounces from one breast and feed with the other. I think she gets about 5 or so ounces in her first nursing, and probably another 10 at night. Just wondering how much bm most kiddos take. I read online 24-30 ounces in a 24 hour session, but I think she is getting about 35

September 17th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I'm not sure the amount since we are EBF but he eats about 7-8 times in a 24 hour period. He nurses sometimes from just one side and sometimes from both. I stopped pumping and he now refuses a bottle. Maybe she hit a growth spurt.
September 17th, 2013, 01:18 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
It's likely a growth spurt. She may slow down soon. You are doing great!

September 17th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The lactation consultant told us at our last meeting that typically babies will eat 2 oz per pound, per day. So, depending how much she weighs that could be normal...
Kim3 likes this.

Thank you Vicki.. for the beautiful siggy
September 17th, 2013, 04:39 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't feel Morgan is eating enough. She nurses twice in the morning before I go to work (and once during the night if she wakes up...she sometimes does) and cluster feeds when I get home around 5 until bed. She only eats two 4 oz bottles between 7am and 5pm. It's all she'll eat. She's gaining weight and generally happy so I don't worry about it.

September 18th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
The lactation consultant told us at our last meeting that typically babies will eat 2 oz per pound, per day. So, depending how much she weighs that could be normal...
Ellianna is a little over 13 pounds, so I am thinking growth spurt. Although she is always over 26 ounces a day. She must just have a big appetite.

September 18th, 2013, 06:59 PM
zkat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bodhi is roughly 14 lbs. the 2 oz per lb is a very rough estimate and not accurate past a certain age/weight. I think most babies top out at 3months and stay fairly even on consumption until a year.

Bodhi nurses before we leave in the am, then drinks 15-16 oz at Muriel's. He is there from 9-5 or 6. Some days he takes 20 oz. does a marathon nursing around 7 when we get home and then nurses to sleep around 8:30. He nurses between 1-2 am. I also nurse/dream feed around 4:00 am on the days I go run. If I don't dresmfeed, he eats between 6-7.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search