Who gets up with baby

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How do and DH/SO share nights.

I do the evening long nurse. If she is restless DH rocks. I do middle of night and early morning (probably due to haaving the boob )

DH is taxi for the older 2 while I stay with Ellianna.

September 18th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lilah sleeps from 9pm-6am almost every night now. But DH and I still swap every other night just incase she does wake up (maybe once a week, she will fuss and we go into her room and stick the paci in her mouth and she falls back asleep).

September 18th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't share nights. I have the boob and don't work, so I get up with Arthur 100% of the time and let dh sleep.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
September 18th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I get up 100% of the time. He eats around 8pm and doesn't get up again till anytime between 2am-4am and again around 6am. This is due to me having the boob/food He only really helps keep him entertained after him and the kids eat so that I can eat and once in awhile he will change his butt and get his pj's on while I get the girls ready and the clothes/lunch ready for the following day. But overall I'm 99.9 % caregiver to Zack but hubby helps a lot with the girls.

September 18th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eli sleeps until 6, eats, and back to sleep until about 9. I'm a SAHM so I always get up with him. Hubby is getting ready for work when we get up.
September 18th, 2013, 08:05 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Well since Henry sleeps with us I don't really have to get up. He still nurses twice a night, which is all me. If he is fussy and can't settle then I will wake DH up to help. That's really only once a week at this point. Sometimes it's as easy as DH just cuddling Henry really close. Other times he'll take Henry out to the couch. Then in the morning I get up to get the girls ready, fed, and lunches packed while DH gets ready and keeps an eye on sleeping Henry in our bed.
September 18th, 2013, 08:11 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get up with him since DH works and I'm a SAHM I can take a nap during the day usually when the kids nap.

September 18th, 2013, 08:33 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No one cause she sleeps from 9pm-6am every night *happy dance*

Before she slept through the night, I always got up with we cause DF doesn't have boobs

September 18th, 2013, 08:42 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get up with him 100% of the time. My husband works nights 3 nights a week (in a row) and I try to let him sleep as much as I can on days he has to work or has worked the night before. But even on days he doesn't work, I get up at night and I deal with him most during the day. It would be ideal if he could feed him when he gets home from work and I could continue sleeping, but I have the boobs, so I get up.
September 18th, 2013, 09:47 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
You ladies are such nice wives. Kyle gets up to change her while I pee before feeding her. Then at night after I do her night feed she stays with Kyle until its time to eat again. Sahm or not I did not make her myself, I refuse to not make him help at night. But that's what works for us.
eshute likes this.

September 18th, 2013, 10:03 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've tried to make my husband help. And he tries to help sometimes. But I can't take a nap or sleep when I can hear him fussing. I try, but it doesn't work. I can put Porter down for a nap in the morning (he'll sleep for 2-3 hours usually) and go do something if I need to (like a dr's appt or something) and he will stay home with him and can manage for a couple of hours if he wakes up while I'm gone. So that's nice to be able to leave him and let him sleep and get some baby free errands done if I need to!
September 18th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I do 100% at night (which is just one feeding around 4 or 5 in the morning now), but Matt really does help out a lot. Every night he takes responsibility for Arthur while I cook supper, which can be anywhere from 10 min to an hour depending what we're having. And then on Sundays he and Arthur are alone together for 4 hours while I'm at church, and on Wednesdays they're alone together for 3 hours while I teach at church. I just do him the favor of sleeping all night, since he has to deal with 100 teenagers every day.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
September 18th, 2013, 12:53 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
See Kyle doesn't get home from work until 7. So I can't hand off any of the kids to cook dinner or do anything really. This is what my day is like

8:10-leave with all 4 kids and Kyle (we only have 1 car) take David to school and take Kyle to work.

9:15: arrive back home feed Payson, get Katelynn breakfast, try to get Everett to eat. Clean the house

11:00: tell Katelynn to get ready for school

11:20 leave to take Katelynn to school

11:50- arrive back home try to get Everett some lunch feed Payson put them down for naps. Clean the house

2:40- leave to pick up the kids from school

3:20 arrive back home get kids snack feed Payson again

4:00- homework time and start dinner

On Mondays 5:00pm- leave for ballet
On Thursdays 5:30 leave for gymnastics

6;45 arrive home have dinner

7:30 give baths

8:00 playroom for older kids/feed Payson put Everett to bed

Every other night I go run for 30 minutes.

Come home feed Payson again, hand her off to Kyle where he deals with everything with her unless she needs to eat again.

I wish I had the ability to rest during the day or go out for a few hours on a Saturday but it just does not happen.

September 18th, 2013, 01:32 PM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It just depends. Now that I'm working part time, when I have to be up at 4am for work, he gets up with her on the rare occasion that she wakes up before 5am. When I don't have to work and he works early(ish), I'll get up with her. If he doesn't work til late morning or afternoon, we just kind of go by who gets out of the bed first. Normally, one person gets up and heads to the kitchen to make a bottle while the other person changes her diaper. He's been really great about helping with her. The first few weeks were really rough since he had a lot of really early mornings at work and I was getting up with her 100% of the time, but when she hit about 6 weeks, he really started helping out and hasn't stopped since. I'm a very, very lucky woman.

September 18th, 2013, 03:58 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Emerson goes down around 730pm and will wake up between 6-7.
We alternate who feeds her in the morning

September 18th, 2013, 04:24 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
You ladies are such nice wives. Kyle gets up to change her while I pee before feeding her. Then at night after I do her night feed she stays with Kyle until its time to eat again. Sahm or not I did not make her myself, I refuse to not make him help at night. But that's what works for us.
DH and I feel the same. I totally understand that certain work schedules or feeding arrangements are not conducive to fathers helping at night. My sister and her husband take the opposite view, which I just don't understand. She would sleep on the couch when pregnant so that her peeing in the night wouldn't disturb him. But he thinks that babies, cooking, and cleaning are women's work anyway so he rarely helps at all day or night. That mindset is the one that irks me (mostly because I don't get how my sister is happy with that when both of our parents were equally involved).
September 18th, 2013, 04:25 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
My DH is only home a few nights out of each month. But bf'ing and co-sleeping makes night time as easy as can be.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search