Sleeping in the crib

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2013, 07:05 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I decided yesterday to see if Porter would sleep in his crib last night. It's nice having him in the bassinet in our room (he did sleep in the bed with us for a bit, but would thrash around too much which would keep him and me both awake), but I think us getting up to go to the bathroom or coughing or snoring wakes him up sometimes.

After an hour of trying to get him to stay asleep when I put him down (I tried letting him fuss for 2 minutes at a time to see if he would go to sleep/calm himself... He couldn't/didn't, so I gave up on that), he finally stayed asleep. He slept for 40 minutes and then for 4 hours. Then woke up and only slept for an hour, which I am convinced is because when my husband got home from work he took Porter's lovie away from him, because he said it was too close to his face (it wasn't, I had checked right before he got home bc I saw it on the monitor). He's been sleeping holding onto it since we went to swaddling with one arm out. And I sleep with it if I get a nap when he's napping in the swing, so it smells like me. Anyway, when he woke up after that, I gave it back and he slept for 3 more hours. At the last wake up this morning I brought him in the bed for some snuggles and got another hour or so. But, we made it all night sleeping in the crib! And he had both arms out of his swaddle all night. I think he kinda liked having more space and freedom. He wiggled himself all over the crib!

Hopefully tonight he will sleep well in there! Fingers crossed!
September 19th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Karen78's Avatar 2nd time around :)
Yay! That's great! I've been thinking about moving Conrad to his crib in a few days. He's been in the pack n play next to our bed so far. With my first son, we did right at 3 months. So we're a little behind this time! But....I'll miss him! Haha. We're going away this weekend and we'll have to take the pack n play, so we might as well just not set it up when we get back. But it makes me sad.

September 19th, 2013, 07:03 AM
I'm a little sad too, but I knew the longer I kept him in our room, the harder it would be! He didn't do as well last night. Took 2.5 hours to get him to stay asleep. And then he woke up a lot. He thought it was party time at 5 am and was in our bed after that. But, I'm just going to keep going with the routine and hopefully one of these nights he will surprise me and sleep for a long time! Lol.

Good luck if you move Conrad soon!
September 19th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Moving lilah to the crib was the best thing we ever did. Everyone, including her, sleeps better. She needs to be swaddled.

I can lay her down in there awake but tired and she will just fall asleep.

September 19th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've put Eli in his crib once and he did fine, but I missed him so he's been back in the pack n play since. Once he gets used to not being swaddled, I'll move him to his room. We want to get a king size bed and need the pack n play out.
September 19th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Porter won't put himself to sleep. He will in the swing, but not in the crib. So I have to get him to sleep and then pray he doesn't wake up when I put him down. Usually if I wait until he stops nursing and pops off, he's passed out enough that he doesn't wake up when I move him.
September 19th, 2013, 11:01 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
DH keeps asking me when we will move Henry to his crib. I usually say "But I love him! You can't take him away from me. He would be sad."
September 19th, 2013, 11:40 PM
I'm really trying to continue putting him in the crib, but he keeps waking up. Not sure what the deal is. Part of me just wants to put him in the bed with me already, but we don't sleep the greatest like that really. And I don't even know if he'd sleep in the bassinet at this point. He just wants to nurse. He might be going through a growth spurt or something. At least I'm gonna keep telling myself that.
September 19th, 2013, 11:57 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The best way is to have a bedtime routine and stick to it. With Tristan I bathe him and get him ready for bed and feed him. Then I sit down with him and quietly just hold him a few minutes and sometimes I sing to him or read a short story then kiss him and tell him I love him and its his bedtime. Then I lay him down and calmly and quietly walk out of the room. He does sleep next to me but in his pack n play. His room is upstairs and I can't bear to move him so far away yet. But after a few days of doing the same routine he now can be laid down awake and will fall asleep on his own.

September 20th, 2013, 06:03 AM
We do the same... Bath, pj's, eat in his room and then time for bed. He was awake when I put him down the first time last night (only because he woke up when I got up out of the chair) and I thought he was going to go to sleep on his own, but he didn't. It took me an hour and a half to get him to stay asleep. I'm pretty sure he did put himself to sleep after one of the many times he woke up last night. But I can't remember for sure, I'm too tired. Haha. Hopefully he will get there. I ended up putting him in the bed with me around 4:30, I just needed some sleep! But I don't think I really got less than if I had put him back in his bed. His room is right next to ours, I don't think I could move him if he was far away!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search