My super, sound, swaddled, sleeper...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Is now a tossing, turning, tantrum thrower at night! He has started turning over so I know it's time to stop swaddling. He just doesnt sleep sound anymore! He wakes up throwing his arms and legs everywhere. I give him his Paci which does calm him, but he knocks it out within seconds. He wakes up earlier to eat. I just want to keep swaddling him!
Any advice?
September 20th, 2013, 09:20 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
At this age they are really starting to notice the world around them which makes for fussy bedtime because they don't want to miss anything. Eating more could be a growth spurt. You could try to up his ounces in his bottle to see if that makes any difference.

September 20th, 2013, 10:00 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Other moms are having the same problem I learned after DD that swaddling them at night just ends up being yet another bad habit to break so I only did it for about two weeks after he was born. But Tristan also was rolling over insanely early so that was also incentive enough to stop swaddling him.

September 20th, 2013, 06:28 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I REALLY wish I didn't get into the swaddling habit. Morgan sttn at 2 months old, and now wakes up at least 3 times each night since we've stopped swaddling.

September 20th, 2013, 06:52 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I hadn't either. But, I was getting no sleep before swaddling! So it was nice to get a little more rest. He's been both arms out for the last 3 nights and I plan to start loosening it around his middle a little each night starting next week until we can hopefully have it off. I tried it off the other night and it didn't work. He didn't go to sleep until I finally put it back on! He can't roll from his back yet, though I do think he's getting close, so hopefully by the time he does the swaddle will be no more!
September 22nd, 2013, 07:26 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Morgan is back to sttn. Thank God! That was an awful couple of weeks.

September 22nd, 2013, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaV View Post
Morgan is back to sttn. Thank God! That was an awful couple of weeks.
Yay Morgan! So jealous! Porter did sleep for like 5 hours in one stretch last night. So maybe we are getting closer!
September 23rd, 2013, 02:56 PM
Veteran
We're in the same boat. I've been swaddling him with one arm free and alternating them and he did pretty well last night, just pray it continues and we can give it up totally soon. I asked the doc if it would really be so bad to swaddle till he was 18 lol!

September 23rd, 2013, 06:19 PM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Eli can get himself turned with one arm out so that doesn't work for him.
September 23rd, 2013, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful2BMommy View Post
Eli can get himself turned with one arm out so that doesn't work for him.
Porter has both arms out, but still swaddled around the middle. He isn't rolling from back to tummy yet, but he's close. But he turns himself all the way around in his crib. Even when he was totally swaddled in the bassinet he would always somehow scoot himself all the way to the bottom of it. I know once he is rolling both ways (he can do tummy to back) he's gonna be all over the place in his crib!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search