An update on Everett

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2013, 04:46 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Last Saturday we ended up the ER with Everett. He was very lethargic and he stumbled and fell over several times. I nursed Payson and went on my way. They apparently didn't think it was a big deal so we saw a NP first. The NP felt we should see the doctor who drew some blood, the blood came back fine according to them. I found out later it was not fine.

Monday we went to his primary for a follow up. We are being referred to a pediatric GI doctor. Everett's lymphocytes were 60 and his neutrophils were 30. Which the hospital ER told me they were normal.She thinks he may have gotten some sort of stomach virus that normally hits older children or adults which is why it is taking so long for him to get better. But she isn't comfortable saying that is 100% it yet. We go in for a weight check on Thursday and if any weight has been lost she will be on the phone with the pediatric GI doctor to get him seen ASAP. Thank everyone for your continued thoughts and prayers. Hopefully we are closer to an answer.

Thursday we were back at the doctor for another weight check. There was no gain but no loss either so that's good but she is becoming concerned that something is going on and not a stomach virus anymore. If we don't get into the GI in a timely fashion she will be ordering more blood, CT and an ultrasound. It's becoming difficult to deal with and I struggle not forcing him to eat. When he is playing he is fine but he tires easily and just lays down. He huffs and puffs up the stairs. It's just so hard to watch your child struggle and not know why. We have no idea what this is or what we maybe facing. Your continued prayers are appreciated. Thanks ladies.

September 20th, 2013, 05:21 PM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for him and you and your husband! Poor little guy. I hope that you get some answers soon!
September 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry you are dealing with this and I will continue to pray for him. And I know this may sound crazy but since its such a struggle to get him to eat and he is doing so poorly from lack of food and since he is still so little I so would pop him on the other boob after pay nurses just to get him something in him.

September 20th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
Praying for him and that you guys get some answers soon. Hugs hon <3

September 20th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSkunk View Post
I am so sorry you are dealing with this and I will continue to pray for him. And I know this may sound crazy but since its such a struggle to get him to eat and he is doing so poorly from lack of food and since he is still so little I so would pop him on the other boob after pay nurses just to get him something in him.
I've tried so not crazy. I've even tried expressing some into a cup. No go.

September 21st, 2013, 06:59 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Please KUP on how he is doing!! I can't imagine the emotions you guys are feeling with this.
September 21st, 2013, 10:37 PM
It's really a lot. I've started running and it's helped me not lose my mind! It's really hard not to break down. I'm trying to hold my composure because I don't want to add more stress to an already stressful situation.

September 22nd, 2013, 01:24 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. I'm praying for strength and peace for you and your little man. You are doing an amazing job mama and I am so proud of you! Hang in there. I'm sure some answers are coming soon. We are here for you. Let us help you with carrying this burden! Sending hugs to you! !!!!

September 22nd, 2013, 08:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
*hugs* I hope Everett gets better soon. I know the stress of acting like everything is fine when its not. Take care of yourself too, I'm glad running is a stress relief for you. Kup!!

September 23rd, 2013, 08:22 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry! Hugs. Your family will be in my prayers.

September 25th, 2013, 07:05 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Just sent a prayer up for you and your family.

~Kristin~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search