The Big Snip

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By jhmomofmany

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2013, 04:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I started my days out of town yesterday - just as it was the day for DH to get the big "V". Kinda felt bad - I had my Dad take him. Nothing like a man having to go for that with their father in law (I really don't think DH cared though). There was no way I could take off yesterday and DH didn't want to post pone. He seems to be doing quite well. Had the procedure at 2 and was driving again by 5. Used a little ice - but no pain medication. Seems to be tons easier than what the woman would have to go through. Funny - it is a big decision to end your fertility - but we both had no second thoughts. Don't know what I would do without our baby girl. I do feel like the luckiest woman in the world to be surrounded by three kids. We really just want to keep it at 3 (especially since DH is 45 years old).
hilachu and TeresaV like this.

September 21st, 2013, 06:07 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're getting The Big Snip done as well. If money were no object I'd probably have two more - but it'd have to be right away, seeing as DH is nearly 40 and doesn't want to be an old dad. But I'm very happy with our family the way that it is, so I'm not feeling conflicted about making it permanent.

Frustratingly, the office that DH was referred to for the procedure is booked solid until April! Boo.

September 21st, 2013, 10:39 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
You have a beautiful family! I'm glad you feel great about your decision.

September 22nd, 2013, 07:22 AM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're going that route, too. He needs to get it done by the end of the year because we've already met our insurance deductible this year, and probably won't again.

September 22nd, 2013, 12:06 PM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
We had talked about it but since I was having another c-section it only made sense to have me get my tubes tied during it. We both feel very complete now that we have our son but I still have moments of sadness that I will never experience a pg again. I know we could never handle 4 so it makes it easier. If we ever have another child it will be because one of the girls got pg and wants to give it up for adoption. We both agreed that it would be us who adopted their baby.

September 22nd, 2013, 02:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaV View Post
We're going that route, too. He needs to get it done by the end of the year because we've already met our insurance deductible this year, and probably won't again.
Under the new Health Care law, it was covered $100%. Not sure if that is true for everyone. Worry not - we hit our family deductible with Elli's birth anyway.

September 22nd, 2013, 02:25 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That's funny that your dad took him! We've discussed it but are putting that on hold for a little while. I'm just not sure yet.
September 22nd, 2013, 02:48 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
We knew for a fact 3 was our limit too. We had DH scheduled for a V but then he had to change jobs and lost insurance coverage. The rest is history, LOL!
Kim3 likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search