First date

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Joanne Nicole

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2013, 04:39 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Do you remember your first date with DH? Was it a good date or a bad date?

September 25th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Super Mommy
our first date was to go see the movie rent and then went out to eat afterwards but it was with a bunch of friends. our first alone date was to tgifridays. i wanted to break up with him after 2 weeks of dating but he said that was a stupid idea lol...by 4 months together i knew he was the one for me
September 25th, 2013, 06:31 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup. DH had asked me out so many times. I had just broken off a 4 year relationship and wasn't up for dating yet. He kept pestering me. I kept telling him no. I finally gave in just to shut him up. I never in a million years thought we'd end up married with a child together. Crazy how things work out.

September 25th, 2013, 07:11 PM
MarylandMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha, our first date is a running joke. I was in college without a car and was having a serious craving for wings. He drive from Annapolis to my school just north of Baltimore. When he asked me where I wanted to go, without hesitation (and without thinking), I said, "Hooter! I need wings." When we got to Hooters and saw the girls, I realized I may have made a mistake. But when our waitress came over, I was relieved to see she must have been a 20 year veteran of Hooters. We ate and then went back to my dorm and watched a movie. Much later, I found out that my request for Hooters was the subject of lengthy analysis by Drew and his roommates when he got back to school. We had a really good time. And after about another 2 weeks, I knew we were going to get married. I knew it was completely insane and didn't make any sense, but I just knew it.

September 25th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH took me home to meet his parents, because he knew he was going to marry me one day. And then we went and saw the movie Gothika.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
September 26th, 2013, 04:33 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh dear...haha...well actually, my first date with DH was supposed to be an only date. We met online and at that point in my life, flings and one-night-stands were basically all I had. He lived a few hours away from me, and drove up to see me, and we went camping for our first date. He ended up being so sweet, and we had so much fun (in and out of the tent, lol) that I agreed to see him the following weekend...and then the following weekend...and the rest is history. 10 years and two kids later, here we are!
Mom2LillieAidan likes this.

September 26th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I had asked him out about a week beforehand and he told me he had to think about it. (Later found out he told me that so he didn't come off too eager ) When he finally said yes we picked a day to get together and do something. I guess when he told his buddy who introduced us, he was reminded it was going to be on sweetest day. So he took me to burger king for dinner We were 14/15 years old. Who knew that 16 years later we would be married for 7 years with 3 kids <3

September 26th, 2013, 02:31 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I actually asked DH out on our first date, which is so unlike me. We went to see Scary Movie. I had to buy the tickets because it was an R movie and he was still 16. Before the movie he took me to meet one of his friends that worked at a sub shop by the theater. We also ran into some girls he was friends with. After the movie we went back to his house where I met his family. Kinda awkward on a first date, especially since he was seeing another girl also named Courtney. Oh the best part was that he was grounded so he had a really early curfew even though it was summer. I thought it was not the best date. I figured it was a one time thing but he asked me out again. Never thought we would be married with 3 kids just 13 years later.
September 27th, 2013, 03:15 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had just broke up with someone we were mutual acquaintances with. We had been hanging out with the same circle of friends but never one on one time with just the two of us...so when he asked me out I had mixed feelings. On the one hand, I was pumped because I thought he was so hot. But on the other hand, I expected things to either be awkward between us or for my ex-bf to get mad when he found out. We ended up going to dinner at a local place. We had such a good time drinking beer and talking that we lost track of time and stayed until they closed. We weren't ready to end the night after that so we went to a local dive bar to listen to some live music and have some more drinks. It was such a successful first date that he asked me to be his GF on the way home and then I spent the night . Best first date ever!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search