What's New?

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2013, 12:12 PM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What's new with you?

Well, I got a new job. It is just part time right now. It is HIM Clerk (Health Information Management) or known as Medical Records Data Entry Clerk at one of the local hospitals. I will be working Friday-Sunday anywhere from 8pm until 1am. Therefore, those hours work since I will be able to use hubs or MIL's car and Trey will only need to have maximum 2 bottles (10oz) while I am gone since that is usually his bed time and he used to wake up around 1-1:30am for his first feeding.
DH also got a new job. He is not a customer service/salesman for a cutlery/knife company. We'll see how this pans out. He gets to make his own hours and he also will have time to do online or in town schooling for real estate.

BUT....that was until we got him sleeping in the crib. He started to wake up earlier and earlier and mama was NOT happy with those hours. We put him in his crib (asleep) typically around 9-9:30pm (unless he falls asleep sooner) and he has once slept all night (9 hour) straight. He has started to sleep about 5-6 hours (where as he used to go every 2-3 hours for feedings) and wake up around 3-4am and then go back in his crib and sleep until 7:30 or later. I am liking the hours better but not liking the no longer cosleeping. I miss the snuggling.

I am pumping more as I have volunteered as a donor for a lady a couple hours from me. Her son is 2 months old and adopted. She tried re-lactating with no success. She needs about 900oz though to get through just one month. That is not even possible for me to do but I am pumping every minute I get to pump.

Trey has been refusing the bottle (as I see most your babies have via facebook) but we learned in the last day or two that he wants it either fresh or body temp (98.6 or warmer). Forget room temp...sometimes when I've stuck my finger in the milk it has been ice cold. That doesn't feel room temp to me. So, I've either had to pump fresh for him or take bags out of the freezer to give him. At the moment, we are trying fresh since I want him to be able to take a full 5 oz bottle without dumping milk out. The first 2 days of trying I had to dump close to 4 oz since they went bad from sitting out too long I try to put just 1oz in a small 2.5oz (medela) bottle and if he drinks that then we'll add more to it and so forth. Today he took a total of 5 oz this morning from FIL and yesterday he took close to 4oz from MIL. I'm having to either take my walks or stay in my room while he is feeding so as he doesn't smell me! LOL

My mother and I are no longer on speaking terms....that is a story in itself which happens to be on my blog if you want to read it.

I was a boudoir model earlier this week which was fun and exciting. Posted pics (that were appropriate enough to post) on my Facebook if you would like to look (if you haven't already).

My older sister is getting married and she asked me to be the photographer. Excuse me? I let her move in with us when she moved back home. I lent her money I haven't yet received back and on top of that, I let her be my 1st bridesmaid in my wedding.....and I get to be photographer?!?! Oh well....at least I'm making her pay me

Ummm....I think I caught everyone up!

So....what is new with you?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search