Odd things your baby does

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Kim3
  • 1 Post By Mom2LillieAidan
  • 1 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 1 Post By MrsLat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
OK - let's hear some odd things your baby does.

Ellianna wants to chew on everything (which is not odd). However, she sticks her fingers way down her throat. This makes her gag. That makes her mad. Ugghh - sweetie just don't stick your fingers down your throat.
hilachu likes this.

September 28th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim3 View Post
Ellianna wants to chew on everything (which is not odd). However, she sticks her fingers way down her throat. This makes her gag. That makes her mad. Ugghh - sweetie just don't stick your fingers down your throat.
Aidan does this too!! It is insane...

Aidan tries to stick his feet through the slats of his crib... Little weirdo
Kim3 likes this.

#1, 4, 5, 7
September 28th, 2013, 05:01 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2LillieAidan View Post
Aidan tries to stick his feet through the slats of his crib... Little weirdo
As Morgan is settling down to sleep she turns in her crib so she can put her feet up on the slats. It cracks me up every time.

She also does the gag thing, both with her fingers and with her toys.

September 28th, 2013, 06:48 PM
hilachu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to hilachu
Emerson does the gag as well
also shes been grunting/growling, not for pooping just randomly
its cute

September 29th, 2013, 06:59 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Henry gags himself too. When he sleeps, he scoots himself as close to me or DH as possible. Last night he was on his belly in the middle and then smooshed himself into my pillow just so he could tuck his head under my chin.
September 29th, 2013, 07:25 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Trey gags himself as well..even trying to chew on his daddy's fingers and gags himself.

The weird thing he is doing is when he is talking he makes this wheezing inhaling sound like he is having an asthma attack yet it is just him making sounds.

September 29th, 2013, 07:39 AM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
McKinley's sleep positions are weird to me...she hates to swaddled. I mean HATES it. She prefers to sleep all sprawled out with her arms up above her head.

September 29th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Arthur has started scratching his crib mattress when he wakes up. Like he's a cat or something. The sound of fingernails on vinyl drives me crazy! He's learned that he just has to start doing that, and I'm in the room right away to get him. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard.
Kim3 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
September 29th, 2013, 09:52 AM
eshute's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anna does the gagging thing as well. Ugh.

Lets see...she's started screaming any time I try to give her a bottle. It's really tiring.

She's also started yelling when she gets excited or starts getting mad. It sounds like she's almost going to cry, but she just yells out then waits to see if something happens.

She scoots herself to the side of her bassinet so her nose is touching the side. I always move her when I'm going to bed because it scares me, but she's always right back to it.

September 30th, 2013, 12:29 AM
MrsLat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gray gags himself also. And he yells. He LOVES to hear his own voice. He is sooooo talkative.
Kim3 likes this.

September 30th, 2013, 02:32 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by eshute View Post
She scoots herself to the side of her bassinet so her nose is touching the side. I always move her when I'm going to bed because it scares me, but she's always right back to it.
Porter did this when we had him in the bassinet. The sides were a little puffy and I swear he was trying to nurse on it at night because he was used to being next to me in the bed and trying to nurse all night. When he would wake up he would be rubbing his face against it. No matter how many times I scooted him over, he would always get right next to it. He doesn't seem to do it in his crib though since we moved him.

I've recently found that I can't let him sleep in the bed with me anymore, not even for a nap. He just beats me up the whole time and I can't rest. And he doesn't get a good rest. If my boob isn't in his mouth then he won't sleep when he's in the bed with me. And even then he's hitting me and making all kinds of noises the whole time. Makes me a little sad because I miss snuggling with him at night or for a nap and want to sometimes!
September 30th, 2013, 08:37 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tristan also does the gag thing and he spits all the time too cause he's always eating his hands.

He also wakes up yelling and squealing loudly. He's not mad he's quite happy but he loves to just talk and talk loudly.

Also if he doesn't want to be held he has been arching his back backwards and if you are holding him or if he is in the sling or wrap he will arch his back and attempt to throw himself backwards and if you continue holding him he gets mad.(he did this half the day at the zoo yesterday...fun.)

September 30th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When holding Rory up against my shoulder he will rub his face back and forth across my shoulder/chest. It was cute at first but now it is very irritating because the sensation is not pleasant and it tears at the tape on his face :S

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search