Monday roll call regulars, missing members, and lurkers get in here!

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2013, 02:07 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Who is here this week?
Give us a brief update on your life!

September 29th, 2013, 02:16 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Me!!

After a month I am finally feeling like I am getting the hang of our daily schedule with kindergarten, preschool, and dance classes for both girls. Henry gets lugged around a lot. He hates getting in his car seat, especially multiple times a day, but he is a good sport once we are on our way. He still wakes up multiple times at night to eat. This week has been challenging with gas and spit up causing him a lot of discomfort at night. DH and I are exhausted. Kinda feels like having a newborn again. I am still feeling a little discouraged about my post partum body. I am my own worst critic, so I have to remind myself that it has only been a little over 3 months. I would like to step it up on the workout now that fall is coming because I won't have any jeans that fit otherwise
September 29th, 2013, 03:49 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I'm here!

We are doing pretty well. Back in the swing of things with school work. I get frustrated when I feel like "everybody" needs me at the same time. My poor brain... I go from teaching reading to correcting 3rd grade grammar to answering algebra questions, while nursing the baby and trying to make sure the 3yo isn't wandering around the backyard half naked or something. Winter is coming fast and we still don't have firewood (we heat with wood only, so that's a big deal) or decent tires on either vehicle. I have to get some plumbing work done and the crawl space under the house boarded back up. Needs to be done before temps start dropping. Worries me how we are going to get it done.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

September 29th, 2013, 04:28 PM
TeresaV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here!

Morgan is 4 months old today! She's really mellowed out a lot. Her toys entertain her now and she's a lot of fun!

Oops, you asked for an update on my life.....

September 29th, 2013, 04:28 PM
KellBell2621's Avatar Eli & Hailey's Mommy!
i'm here! we're doing well...in the process of finding a new apartment and hopefully moving very soon. right now we live out in the middle of nowhere and takes us at least 40 minutes to get anywhere and with two young kids it's a huge inconvenience.
September 29th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm here!

I've gotten really involved with my local Breastfeeding Support Group. We've started getting together outside of meetings, and we go to lunch, movies and we're starting up a baby boot camp stroller walk thing soon. Other than that, I've been watching a lot of Netflix. Since School started 6 weeks ago, I have watched 5 seasons of Parks and Recreation and 4 seasons of Supernatural. Arthur has been becoming a lot more active, so it's been a lot of fun playing with him. He and I are going to California in 2 weeks just the two of us, so flying will be an interesting adventure...

Thank you Vicki.. for the beautiful siggy
September 29th, 2013, 05:01 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
I try to check in daily, some days I just read and don't get a chance to respond!

Connor is loving preschool, I wish he could go more than 2 days a week but we can't afford the extra day, and next year he will be free for a full week anyway for VPK! We decorated with Halloween stuff today, yay! One of my favorite holidays...I'm going to make a wreath for the door...my first one!

Peyton has been STTN a solid 12 hours lately, she usually is asleep between 7:30-8:30 and has been getting up anywhere from 6a-8a. She was sleeping in the pack n play bassinet in our room, but has just about hit the weight limit. She was 3m on Thursday and when I weighed her she was about 14.5 lbs! So we put her in her crib in her nursery, but our baby monitor isn't acting right. I'm looking for a new one now, so until then, I'll move her back to our room when we go to bed. And she's an official thumb sucker, so I'll be posting about that in a minute!!

September 29th, 2013, 07:36 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm here!

We are finally adjusting to our work/school routine. Jaleigh is in 1st grade and doing wonderful so far (not that I had any concerns). Soccer just started so that has filled a few nights a week with practice and our Saturdays with games. Kiefer is very jealous because he wants to play so bad but he isn't old enough this year. Jaleigh also just got signed up for the local high school's cheer clinic so it should be interesting trying to squeeze that in when the time comes.

We are really struggling with potty training Kiefer. I'm literally at my wit's end. He does so good some days and others he could care less. I'm trying not to push him cause I know that can make things worse but as his 3rd birthday quickly approaches, it is really getting to me.

McKinley is an amazingly laid back baby. She really just goes with the flow which is a blessing in our crazy house. She is sleeping through the night pretty much every single night which is a blessing. She still has zero desire to roll over but is obsessed with trying to sit or stand up. She has also recently decided that Kiefer is the bees knees which has really helped him come around to her (he has pretty much ignored her for the past almost-4 months).

Finally, we are starting to plan our wedding!!! Still in the early stages but so exciting! One of the ladies from my son's PR lives in Vegas and is a makeup artist and she offered to do my wedding day makeup so I'm freaking excited as all get out

September 30th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Here. Tomorrow is the last week of an out of town work assignment, so no more crazy 4 hours a day in the car!

DS2 turned 9 yesterday. He is getting so big, but promised to always be my baby boy

Ellianna has her 4 month on Friday. Where has the time gone. Her favorite toys are her fist, Mommy's fingers, and her shirt - all to chew on. Will not use a teething ring.

September 30th, 2013, 02:36 AM
MissyBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm here. Things are good overall. Really hoping Porter gets more consistent with sleeping. He slept 8 hours one night and then 9 hours the next and then the next two woke up a ton. Tonight/last night he slept for 7 and just woke up at 4 to eat and will hopefully go back to sleep for a few more hours. I really have to learn to go to bed when he does and not 3-4 hours later! Otherwise I'm cutting my sleep in half and that's not gonna work! Haha.
September 30th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm here.

Lillie is doing great in school and loves going every day .
Aidan is getting so big, like wearing 12 months in some clothes. He has his 4 month tomorrow afternoon so we'll get to see how much he actually weighs. He has been slowly becoming interested in rolling over but still really wants to sit up and stand up. He STTN most nights but every few nights he'll get up once. His hand eye coordination is getting better. He nurses a lot still.

#1, 4, 5, 7
September 30th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm here.

I'm tired. I guess Finn is having a growth spurt or something, because he's waking up every two hours to eat. That's been going on for about 2 weeks. I guess I had it pretty easy the first few months with him STTN. It's just unfortunate that his new sleep schedule coincides with the start of school and after school activities and whatnot. I'm busy busy busy, and running out of steam. I tend to fall apart emotionally when I'm sleep deprived.

I'm feeling frustrated because we've decided that it's in our best interest to keep living with my parents for the foreseeable future, to keep saving money. I find it difficult to live with them at the best of times, but when I'm an emotional basket-case, it's nearly impossible.

September 30th, 2013, 08:21 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm here.
Tristan has stopped STTN and is back to being up every 3 to 4 hours. And my DD is going through a phase where she says the ghost of daddys friend is in her room and she absolutely refuses to sleep in her room and so she has been sleeping in bed with me. Yesterday we went to the zoo and that was fun. Today is my appointment for my biopsy and I'm rather nervous.

September 30th, 2013, 08:52 AM
PregnantAtLast's Avatar Loving my baby boy
im here!

My DS birthday this week so super busy!

September 30th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm here.

That is all.

September 30th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi there, I come by now and again

We are buying a house and it has been stressful and crazy in a good way, but still a lot on my plate. G is doing well but has his off days, especially when I'm busy or he's being schlepped to the mortgage office or the insurance office or whatever. M is in preschool 5 mornings a week, my parents are helping with that which is AWESOME. She loves her school. My birth injury is improving a lot, I still end up icing it at night because it almost always gets sore from my daily activities but I haven't had anything like a real reinjury and it is sloowwwwly improving over time. I was able to lie on my side for awhile before it started hurting yesterday.
Kim3 likes this.

September 30th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Here Rory's FEES procedure is this Thursday so we're all biting our nails in anticipation. The house is a disaster. Again.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

October 1st, 2013, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's not Monday anymore(haha) but I'm here.

Things are crazy. My day: wake up at feed babies between 3 and 4am, get up at 445 (try to), shower and quick 5-10min pump while I do hair and make up, feed babies around 6 to 630, leave house by 7, pump in car, drop babies off, get to work by 8(again try to, MUST be there by 815) work and pump all day long, get off at 4, pick babies up, pump on the way home, get home feed babies asap, wash clothes, pump parts, bottles, hopefully spend some time with the babies, get them in the bath by 730, nurse at 8, bed for babies around 830(if I'm lucky...its 9:15 and I gave up on Corbin tonight, DH is rocking him) then I get myself ready for bed and work the next day and then I crash... at least until someone wakes me up which is usually two to three times a night still.

UGH....THIS is why I'm never online anymore.

As for the babies. They are doing well. They have their 4 month appointment on Friday. Corbin is rolling both ways! Nolan still hardly picks his head up but he is my talker. He sings and babbles all day long. They both are full of smiles and giggles. S

somehow I am STILL BREASTFEEDING! I'm so shocked I have been able to do it. So far I pump about an oz or maybe two ahead of them so for right now we're doing ok. Two months to go before I make my 2nd goal of 6 months. My first was until I went back to work. I'd love to say we will go all the way to a year but I'm not sure if that will happen. I guess we will see how it all works out.
October 1st, 2013, 07:00 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
That blows my mind that you are working and nursing/pumping for twins. WTG, Mama!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

October 2nd, 2013, 08:07 AM
Steph625's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm here. Eek! It's been forever ago since last time I was on here. Leif is doing well. No complaints. Little congested which causes him to wake up during night but nothing to complain about. I've been so busy with painting rooms. Our house addition is finally finished and painted four rooms and two hallways. And I finally have a nursery!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search