Throwback Thursday

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 1 Post By jhmomofmany

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2013, 04:55 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
If you celebrated Halloween, what was your favorite costume you wore as a kid?
October 3rd, 2013, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My favorite costume was when I was in 4th grade and I went as Jo from Little Women. NO ONE knew who I was, but I loved it
jhmomofmany likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
October 3rd, 2013, 07:07 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Little Women has always been and will always be my favorite book.

My mom made me a clown costume when I was like 6 and I swear I wore it for years, even after it was way too short for me!
beatlechicksteph likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

October 3rd, 2013, 08:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
Little Women has always been and will always be my favorite book.
Mine too!! If we ever have a girl, our girl name is Josephine because she's my favorite literary character of all time

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
October 3rd, 2013, 08:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was always a gypsy or an alien. I think one year I was a gypsy alien and that was pretty cool I was a creative child... (I think I wore the sparkly alien antennae with a few layered long dresses and costume jewelry and my mom's lipstick, I'm sure it was completely obvious what I was lol)

October 4th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was 5, I insisted on being Barbara Streisand from the musical Hello Dolly. I had a big hat covered in feathers and flowers, and a long dress. No one knew who I was either, but I thought it was the best costume ever.

Interesting Halloween costumes seem to run in the family though - last year Fiona was Scarlett O'Hara, and this year she's dressing as Captain Janeway from Star Trek: Voyager.

Side note - I love Little Women too. My mother named me after her two favourite literary characters...Jo from Little Women, and Anne from Anne of Green Gables.

October 4th, 2013, 08:54 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlechicksteph View Post
My favorite costume was when I was in 4th grade and I went as Jo from Little Women. NO ONE knew who I was, but I loved it
I would have loved that costume!! Lily's middle name is Josephine- a combination of my love of Josephine Bonaparte and Jo March being one of my favorite characters. I love a strong historical woman!

My mom made a lot of my costumes, so I had several that I liked. There were a bunch that people had no clue what I was (hippie, Lady Godiva). I think it's a 3 way tie between a 50s girl with poodle skirt, a bride, and a belly dancer. As a side note, I am using my mom's old pattern for the belly dancer for Lily's costume this year.
October 6th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Madison.Hailey.Zack's Avatar Mom of 2 Girls and a Boy!
I don't remember it per say but I have a picture of it. Its me dressed as a clown. My mom made the whole costume.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search