total elimination diet...

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By beatlechicksteph
  • 1 Post By shen7

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2013, 07:56 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
Starting on a total elimination diet today. Madelines fussiness is increasing and so something has to happen. She is crying 18+ hours a day and almost never sleeping. I'm eating only rice, pears, turkey, potatoes and squash for two weeks. Wish me luck and I pray she gets better. I will do anything. My husband thinks I should put her on formula which I do not agree with. I don't know that she would be any better anyway. Has anyone ever attempted this diet? I'm nervous but excited to see some results soon I hope .

October 8th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no experience with this, but just wanted to say that I support you totally! I think what you're doing is amazing, and I hope that it helps Madeline out. If you ever need someone to vent to, drop me an IM on FB, I'm a great listener Don't let people pressure you to do something you do not want.
overlinmommy17 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy
October 8th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
hugs!!! Unfortunately if a baby has true colic there is nothing you can do but wait it out. I hope the diet works for you, but just know that if it doesn't, it is not likely that switching to formula would help either. Colic just clears up on its own eventually. It is a very very very difficult thing and hard for the whole family but especially mama!!! Do you have a good baby carrier? When my nephew had colic my totally-not-AP SIL got super into baby wearing because it would give them 10 minute breaks from all the crying and she could have her hands free. She tried an elimination diet too but by then he was getting better anyway, at first she thought the diet was helping but then saw that he didn't always fuss when she cheated and sometimes fussed even when she'd only had brown rice and turkey for days. Every case is different of course but make sure you're getting nourished and not starving yourself!
overlinmommy17 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search