AIOs

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2013, 08:19 AM
MamaSkunk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK you mamas that cloth diaper....what is your favorite All in One One size brand? And how many diapers do you use in say a week? I am gonna get some and try it. Last week we went to the zoo and he got a mosquito bite on one cheek and on the other he now has a diaper rash that oddly looks like scratch marks right where the leg elastic from his sposie sits. And no amount of powder or cream seems to be clearing either up. So he is bare bottom now and I realized he probably wouldn't have this problem with cloth. And do you put diaper covers over the AIO OS?

October 8th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The whole point of an AIO is that it does not need a cover

I would say the single most popular OS AIO is Swaddlebees Simplex. They are pricey though. The cheapest are Thirsties Duo AIO which from what I hear, really needs a doubler in the pocket too, but you can find cheap doublers or even use preemie prefolds. Nicki's Diapers also has a new AIO out that is reasonably priced and they donate one for each one you buy.

I had a set of 12 large sized Bottombumpers AIOs that I used on M for over a year. They would leak a bit sometimes if we didn't roll in the legs well enough but were easy, comfy, and washed well. I resold them for cheap at the end. By my calculations they definitely paid for themselves but didn't exactly save us buckets of money they way prefolds and covers do.

The ABC expo is next week and all the major brands are expected to announce new or improved products so I would hold out a bit and see if any new exciting thing comes along. Green Mountain Diapers, my favorite CD company, is coming out with a new product and I am hoping for an easy-washing all cotton inner AIO!! We'll see though

October 8th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm dying to try Nicki's bamboo aio. I have to wait for black Friday, though. The thirsties aio runs small. It is also the first to develop buildup issues.

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

October 8th, 2013, 11:23 AM
How many should I get? I think I may just try a couple of a few different brands. Has anyone bought any diapers off that Shop Diaper website? They seem to have reasonably priced OS AIOs

October 8th, 2013, 01:51 PM
If anyone has any boyish or gender neutral AIOs either One size or Medium. Or any AI2s again either One size or medium for sale pm me

October 8th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think shopdiaper is a reputable seller. I know they spammed the emails of a bunch of CDers and no one knew how they got our emails. They are China cheapies, they are cheap because they don't follow U.S. patent and safety laws, lie on customs forms to avoid tariffs are basically a black market item. That said many moms love them since they are so cheap and they work, but if you have shipping/customs issues or quality issues (PUL not waterproof etc) you are generally out of luck. Basically with the price comes risk and questionable legality. Not like the po po will be knocking down your door or anything but just, like, ethics.

It's always good to try a few before you go all in esp getting stuff from b/s/t just to see if you like it. I have often bought just 3 of something to try it out. I have a thing where I don't like solitary diapers in my stash

October 8th, 2013, 04:03 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I would definitely stick with reputable sellers. I don't actually like AIOs. I like pockets much better. I know some people really hate stuffing pockets, but I don't think it's a big deal
October 8th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you're going full time I think you want at least 24-30. AIOs can take a long time to dry. You can save money and get the best of both worlds by buying pockets or AI2s with snap in inserts.

Here are some websites that I haunt to find good deals:

Lovely Pocket Diapers

BumbleBeeBottomsBoutique by Christinewith4 on Etsy

cloth diapers

Cloth Diapers - Kawaii Baby Diapers

You can also get used and strip

'Scuse the bad typing, please. 'Breast is Best' but not when browsing the internet!

October 8th, 2013, 06:45 PM
OK I will try some pockets too Courtney.Thanks for those websites Bonnie Will be doing some shopping tommorow night. Hope y'all don't mind me asking a ton of questions. Whew its a bit intimidating lol Spam me with other websites for any affordable but reputable places. Also I seen an adorable Nightmare Before Christmas one but they all seem to be auctions or one of a kinds and the only one I seen selling them seemed to be a kinda cheap quality from a wahm on etsy....anyone know where I could buy one like that for the DH? Since that cute CD sold him on CDing.

October 8th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you're willing to wait until Black Friday I know that Kelly's Closet and Nicki's Diapers are going to have some pretty excellent deals

October 8th, 2013, 08:10 PM
What's your fave overnight diaper? Little man is a tummy sleeper also

October 9th, 2013, 04:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I use Blissful Booty AIO with a bamboo booster in a microfleece sock for Alex. BB is no longer in business though, lol She quit because of health reasons but after having 2 diapers delaminate, all my velcro ones lose their velcro, and some of my AIOs popping their threads I suspect she went under for different reasons

I also have a Kawaii Heavy Wettery Nightime Diaper and I *love* it. It has a PUL panel on the inside at the top for tummy sleepers and a flap at the back to make sure that microfiber doesn't touch LOs skin while they shimmy around. At $10 it's not a bad solution. I hate microfiber though so I don't ever buy extra inserts (it comes with 2 and that should be all you need) and just plan on stuffing it with hemp and bamboo when they die, lol. I also have knickernappies super do hemp/microfiber inserts that work well.

Alex is easy to find solutions for. Rory is a different matter because of the continuous feeds. I have a few solutions for him but it's starting to get ridiculous with the amount of stuff I have to put into his diapers to last 7 hours.

October 9th, 2013, 08:27 AM
OK so buy hemp inserts...gotcha lol

October 10th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If it's a cotton blend or if it's blended with microfiber you can use it in place of a regular insert. But if it's mostly hemp you want it underneath a cotton, microfiber, or bamboo layer. Hemp soaks up a LOT but it is also slow to do so. Cotton and microfiber soak up fast. Bamboo soaks up fast, just not as fast as cotton and microfiber.

My day time pockets are stuffed with a cotton prefold and a bamboo 3 layer insert. My night time pockets (for Rory) are stuffed with

A) Knickernappie Super do (microfiber hemp blend) on top with a bamboo insert underneath
B) A large Imagine bamboo/cotton prefold folded and stuffed

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search