Tell me 5 things

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By overlinmommy17
  • 2 Post By Mom2LillieAidan

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2013, 09:26 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
About yourself that has nothing to do with mommy hood.

October 16th, 2013, 09:39 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. I love college football. NFL? Eh...I can take it or leave it.
2. I'm a live music junkie. DF and I love going to concerts or watching jam bands out at the local bars and what not. We don't get to go as often as we like but we try to catch a show or concert at least a couple times a year.
3. I am probably one of the only people in this part of Texas that can't stand country music.
4. I have 5 tattoos and will be adding another one next weekend
5. I'm an emotional train wreck and I regularly cry over the most ridiculous things.

October 17th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1. I love Disney - makes me feel alive there.
2. I hate conflict.
3. I am girly and work with almost all men.
4. I do not like athletics.
5. I would love to learn to cook well.

October 17th, 2013, 04:41 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
1. I love cooking AND baking - if I had to choose one I'd pick my weakness cakes & cupcakes & cookies!
2. I was always a tomboy growing up; I love sports but I love the Disney princesses, also
3. I love music, any kind but mostly country, classic rock, and pop hits, I could listen to the radio all day long
4. I'm a total TV junkie, I have so many shows that I DVR and watch - I get so attached to the characters, it's my escape from the real world!
5. I'm a huuuuuge procrastinator....most of the time I need deadlines to be extremely productive!

October 17th, 2013, 05:10 AM
overlinmommy17's Avatar Super Mommy
1. I love to sing and have sang in many places around the US including Carnegie Hall.
2. I love to crochet and scrapbook
3. My 10 year old sons real daddy passed away when he was 2 1/2 months old and that was the hardest time of my life.
4. I'm completely OCD about my house and cleaning
5. I love watching 19 kids and counting and other reality shows with lots of kids (makes my life feel more normal! )
Kim3 likes this.

October 17th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. I have moved 19 times and lived in 13 states and 1 foreign country.
2. I love baking. Cupcakes are my weakness.
3. I, like Brianne, am a major tv junkie. I love the characters on my shows
4. I live in flip-flops! I hate any kind of closed shoes.
5. I love to read and get lost in a fantasy world.
bribugg13 and Kim3 like this.

#1, 4, 5, 7
October 17th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Super Mommy
1. i'm obsessed with reality tv...anything on bravo i love
2. i hate driving on the thruway..actually i just hate driving
3. i have one tattoo- hoping to get another next summer to honor my kids
4. i'm literally mad that miley cyrus cut her hair. what was she thinking? she had the BEST long hair lol.
5. i need to have something sweet every day. i love chocolate!
October 17th, 2013, 12:28 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
1. I have NEVER dyed my hair.
2. I can read a 500 pg book in about 8 hours if I'm not interrupted.
3. I want to go back to school when Mackenzie starts Kindergarten... Probably for psychology.
4. I was raised by my grandparents even though my mother lived with us.
5. Even though I talk to my two best friends on the phone at least a couple times a week, I hate talking on the phone.
October 17th, 2013, 02:22 PM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Everyone's answers made me think of more...and I'm bored! LOL

I have 2 tattoo's but as soon as I hit my weight goal I'm finally getting my next one which is going to be both baby's footprints on the top of my foot

I also love to live in flip flops- for half the year in NC, then wore boots in the fall/winter- now that we're in FL, it's flip flops year round almost! I will miss wearing my boots though

I'm an avid reader, mostly I love and mostly only read romantic suspense - Nora Roberts/JD Robb, Catherine Coulter, Kay Hooper, Heather Graham to name a few....recently I finally read the Hunger Games Trilogy (I'm not quite halfway done with the 3rd book now), and I've really enjoyed it! It's not something I would have normally picked up and read on my own, but a book club talked me into it!

October 17th, 2013, 03:51 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
1. I love decluttering and reorganizing.. wish I could do it as a job!
2. I play organ and sing for our church.
3. My favorite color is blue, but I'm liking purple more and more.
4. I never use change, it always gets thrown into our coffee can... I cash it in every few months and it is always at least $75. cha-ching!
5. I've read the entire Dark Tower series (by Steven King) three times now, and I'm still disappointed with the ending despite the Author's Note explaining why I shouldn't be.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

October 17th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Is it sad that it's hard for me to think of non-mom-related stuff? Lol. Everything else is from the past. Okay, here are 5 things about me now:

1. I love Star Trek TNG and we have all the seasons they are coming out with on blu ray! But I won't watch any Borg episodes because they stress me out.
2. I went from being a weirdly closeted non-religious super-liberal by Mississippi standards to a totally mainstream yuppie-ish not-that-crunchy type back in my hometown and it is still sometimes jarring to me. I didn't change at all but wow, different cultures. The fact that I'm not into "alternative medicine" makes me pretty unhip around here. Esp in mommy land.
3. I love books but I never buy them anymore except for on Kindle. I used to go into used bookstores and buy the strangest books I could find, things I found quirky and oddly compelling (and were usually very cheap). Occult, niche self-help, etc. My weirdest book is probably the one about baby head-shaping (which no, I never did!!)
4. I have only shaved my legs once in the past 3.5 months. Oh wait, that's *totally* mom-related
5. I'm out of ideas so here's one from the past. I used to be a head cook in my student days for my house of 30ish people. I did one day a week, meal planning and then all the cooking with one assistant helping. I was also head cook for an ecology class's field trip, all weekend, all meals and all the planning and directing with a group of 6 cooks. My food was good and I always took care of everyone who had any food restrictions, allergies, vegan, etc. I loved it because it was very emotionally validating even though it could be extremely stressful if things went wrong.

October 17th, 2013, 04:23 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
1. I have one tattoo and plan to get at least one more
2. Back in high school and college, I wanted to be a model but never pursued it. I'm too old now.
3. I am a Coach purse collector. I'm not even sure how many I have now
4. I played clarinet in school and I miss it
5. I am a perfectionist to the point of refusing to do something that I know won't live up to my expectations
October 18th, 2013, 09:33 AM
TeresaMomTo2Boys's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1) I am a photographer
2) I was born in Ohio but lived in Texas most my life yet I am NOT a Texan LOL
3) My eyes change colors depending on my mood and what I wear
4) I was engaged in high school yet he left me for his very first and only other girlfriend and married her
5) The 2 times I have been married, I have never had a honeymoon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search