Your house

Forum: June 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 16th, 2013, 09:28 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Are you living in your forever home?
Are you happy where you are living?

October 16th, 2013, 09:33 PM
ashleykathleen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are just renting right now. I actually love our house, just wish it had 1 more bedroom. We are saving to put a good down payment on a house in the future and one my requirements will be for it to have 4 bedrooms. And perhaps not be in West Texas. I would love to buy a house back home in Oklahoma but I haven't got DF on board just yet.

October 17th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We bought our house back in April and although it needs a lot of updating, I love this house. It meets all of our requirements structurally. When we have the money, we will start making it our own.

#1, 4, 5, 7
October 17th, 2013, 03:52 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
This is our forever home as long as DH's job stays here. We bought it 7 years ago as a fixer upper thinking we would stay a few years and then sell. A year later we had Lily, and I couldn't imagine leaving. It was built in the 1950s, but the size is really good for us. We updated the kitchen completely and restored the hardwoods, and other than that it's been just some cosmetic stuff. We eventually need to fix the leaky basement and renovate the master bath (still original tub, tile, and vanity), but that is a project for many years down the road. We have a huge backyard, and the historic neighborhood is so cute. My parents liked it so much that they bought a house on the street behind us.
October 17th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Forever. We built our home over a decade ago. It has a room for each child. We are withing walking distance of my sister and 5 minute drive of my parents. They watch Elli so it works well. When my parents reach the age where we need to check in it is convenient.

October 17th, 2013, 04:45 AM
bribugg13's Avatar SAHM to Pirate & Princess
Send a message via MSN to bribugg13 Send a message via Yahoo to bribugg13 Send a message via Skype™ to bribugg13
Even though we just built our first home, it's not our forever home. It's a little on the small side; we have 3 bedrooms, just enough for each of us - but we would like a 4th bedroom for an office/guest room and maybe a bonus playroom. But we will be here for anywhere from 3-5 years at least before we move again. We won't move far, and we won't movie Connor out of the school district much past 2nd grade - which is why it's our 3-5 year plan We will definitely stay in this county, as it's the top rated school districts in FL and nationally rated as well.

We do like where we chose to build, but we learned some things along the way for our next home, as well. We know we do NOT want to live on a preserve again, and we really want to be in a cul-de-sac, not at the front of the road entrance!

October 17th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Joanne Nicole's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most definitely not our forever home. We're living with my parents.

I'm determined that our next home will be our forever home though. And that's the whole reason we're living with my parents - so that we can save up for a good down payment.

DH isn't as sold on the idea of a forever home as I am. He thinks we'll have one home while the kids are growing up and then when they move out we'll move somewhere else. I want a place where the kids can come home to for holidays and visiting and I want it to be the home they grew up in, where all their memories are. That's really important to me.

It's also important to me that we be in our forever home by the time DD is in middle school. Having moved around a lot as a kid, I understand how difficult it is to be "the new kid". Being the new kid in high school, without any friends, is really hard. I want her to have friends from middle school that she'll move onto high school with.

October 17th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We just bought a house and I hope it will be our forever home!!! We can walk 10 minutes to the ocean or my parents'!!! Right now it is a bit small, only 2 bedrooms and an unpermitted garage conversion for a bonus room, but in a few years we will do a big remodel, redo the kitchen and build a second story and get more bedrooms, we will have to convert the garage back then too. I love the location of this house, it is between 2 dead end streets with the back gate opening onto a walkway between them, and faces a quiet nice street with no thru traffic. We can also walk to the library, park, grocery stores and some shops and restaurants. I love my neighborhood, I grew up here. The schools suck but we may well do private school or even home school anyway.

October 17th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Hopeful2BMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope. We rent. We're ready to find our forever home though.
October 17th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Super Mommy
Just moved into another apartment (an upper) but it meets all of our requirements at the moment. if we have a third or once the kids are older we will definitely need a 3 bdrm..have a 2 bdrm now. our goal is to stay here for at least 3-5 years until we can purchase our own home.
October 17th, 2013, 03:08 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Yeah, I think this is it unless we are forced to move. The house is worse less and less, but we have 40 acres that is bound to be worth something eventually.

I have a love/hate thing with living here. The house is way too small for us (1500 sq. ft.) and I really wish we had more than one bathroom. It's a fixer-upper and we haven't had money or skills to put into it. But it is home!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

October 18th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope. With DH staying in the navy we will move again. and then again after that. maybe then it will be our forever home.

I like our house but not the location. It has been a great first home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search